Out From Roseville Thursday

saltrix

Had to fish on my own as my mates away and I got no takers for company, but then I dont have to work.

It was very quite in the harbour this morning, I tried trolling around Dobryd Point and then anchored and burleyed for 40mins for nothing. There was not the fish showing on the sounderaround the middle reef markers that there was a few weeks ago. Tried trolling around North head but no hits there either. I used to catch a lot of bonito around there but the last 2 or 3 years have not produced them.

The breeze dropped a bit so I whizzed out to DY wide and managed a couple of nice flathead ( the bigger one was an eastern blue spot and the other a marbled which I find are better eating) and a male Blackspot Pigfish. I also got a red which was only just legal (30 cm) and that was to the very tip of its biggest fin, if it hadnt been the first fish I would have thrown it back.

Was back at the ramp at about 11am after a slow trip back to Roseville as the Police were doing some sort of filming about an accident and I was kept to 4 knots all the way up the bay, and then stopped for a few minutes while the show went past.

post-3961-1212045723_thumb.jpg