Saturday Fin

brettm-c

headed out to browns yesterday, left the cooks river at 545 arrived at the mountain at 645, only to find that we had been beaten out there by a stack of boats so headed south east a few miles and started our trail we got a hit nearly straight away which didn't hoook up then nothing for an hour or so, had a couple more hits that were both missed one we put down to inexperience on my mates behalf (birds nest city) and the other was put on me for a dodgy knot.

we ended up about 8 mile or so SE of browns and at about 1200 decided to head back up to browns and set a new trail, heard plenty of chat on the radio on the way back up even a few raiders but no one seemed to be having a great day so I started thinking the three we missed in the morning where going to be our only shot,

found a spot out wider then the 50 or so boats parked on the mountain and got the pillies in the water, again nothing for a couple of hours, so about 3 i decided i would go pretty lite and rigged up a light jig set up I have and used a 60 flourocarbon trace sent it down the trail with a hand full of pilies and I'm on,

this time i hooked up sold and the idea of fishing lite isn't looking like a good idea as this fish is headind for the horizon, anyway made some ground on him slowly and thought i had started to win when after about 10 min the 60lb leader pops and i,m swearing at the heavens!!!

well we had the fish in the trail now and over the next hour we had 6 more strikes for 4 hook ups with 3 fish landed, we would have 1 more but we scored a double hook up the lines crossed and one went pop!!!!!!

all fish where around 40kg except one that we released at the side of the boat would have pushed 60kg at my best guess.

At 5 oclock pointed the boat west and started chasing the light home, got back th BAFA at 6 oclock and then the clean up began!!!!!

I also want to thank tony from fishfinder tackle who supplied me with all the baits for the day and a few handy tips!!!

cheers mate.

post-2396-1212278647_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1212278670_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1212278689_thumb.jpg

Edited by brettm-c

Well it looks like someone had a good day even amongst the fleet of boats.

Is that Shannon Noll in the first photo? He's a dead ringer.

Well done fellas.

Cheers

Mitch

Well it looks like someone had a good day even amongst the fleet of boats.

Is that Shannon Noll in the first photo? He's a dead ringer.

Well done fellas.

Cheers

Mitch

thats hilarious I'll be letting my, mate know what you posted and he just scored a new nick name!!!!!!

Well done on the yft fishing front guys :thumbup: good to see u got

among them. We also used 60lb flourocarbon leaders on the fin on Friday and it

done the bizo for us.

I also got my pillies at Fishfinder, and I also owe John who works there a big

Thank you for some of the tips he gave me.

penguin