Nearly Finished

smokinjoe

post-6110-1213435133_thumb.jpgMariner pictures of the boat will come, firstly this has to be finished before the new second hand boat is purchased. Brickman yes M8 shes a HQ 307 Chev bored to 60000, NO its not 2pack lol, its the undercoat for the mirrorchrome! Geoff what would you like 2 know? if you PM me i can give you details, I can tell you that it is the only one tonner in Australia with lambo doors

• 2 weeks later...
post-6110-1214382018_thumb.jpgOk just got great news back, get some colour on the car this weekend, so will have the body back in a couple of weeks. The engine has been bored to 60000, has a stage 2 crane cam in, here the heads are on new valves etc just about to adjust everything. Cant wait to hear her grunt again lol, idle rev at 1000 RPM.

post-6110-1214382018_thumb.jpgOk just got great news back, get some colour on the car this weekend, so will have the body back in a couple of weeks. The engine has been bored to 60000, has a stage 2 crane cam in, here the heads are on new valves etc just about to adjust everything. Cant wait to hear her grunt again lol, idle rev at 1000 RPM.

thats a large overbore thats been done to the motor, was it sleeved or just bored. If it was just bored, you will struggle to rebuild the engine later on using the same block.

Otherwise sounds like it will be a beast. I remember my hz 5.0L that had an .080" overbore with slightly worked heads, cam. With the dual exhaust was very quiet till 4000rpm then u heard it.

thats a large overbore thats been done to the motor, was it sleeved or just bored. If it was just bored, you will struggle to rebuild the engine later on using the same block.

Otherwise sounds like it will be a beast. I remember my hz 5.0L that had an .080" overbore with slightly worked heads, cam. With the dual exhaust was very quiet till 4000rpm then u heard it.

cute motor mate is it na or charged? seems like alot of money spent on the body.

are u going to do anymore to the powerhouse or just leave it a mild stock? :1prop:

is it going to auto salon love to see it i drive a bmw m535i and will be on the dyno.

am running a 2jz with twin 35/40's on it hoping for around 800@wheels love to see how the spray job comes out as i am a spray painter my self in pyrmont. goodluck and hope to se some pics

Thanks guys, Dangles shes now at its limit cant go any further over, no room lol, exhaust wise im looking at 4 in 1s and the manifolds will be ceramic coated.

Moses, no shes not charged just all standard. You being a spraypainter will appreciate the finish. 1 Coat black undercoat, coat of silver speck, 3 coats of cobalt blue, 1 clear coat sanded back then clear coated. The patern is called Crazer. The engine bay is to be mirrorchromed. M8 have a look at the paints from alsacorp.com they will blow your mind, the paint is now available in OZ mine being the first done i think?

People are going to love the colour or hate it!

i have had two cars stolen after posting pics not that i dont trust its just from past experience will be happy to take u for a spin at auto salon though

yeah i would put three -four coats on it with the clear ive seen crazer fat colour man will look nice .will they let u register it with the chrome? i had to take my chrome skirt plates off it was a load of crap

post-6110-1214644511_thumb.jpg

post-6110-1214644479_thumb.jpg

Just got back from the panel beaters, THERE IS A GOD . Cannot believe the results actually beyond expectations. Its not the best shot but may give you an idea. World exclusive first to view the paint literally!!Ladies and Gents your either gunna love it or hate it,

• 3 weeks later...
post-6110-1216190110_thumb.jpgpost-6110-1216190220_thumb.jpgJust an update, car was painted on Thursday and should have the mirrorchrome done on the engine bay by the end of the week. Engine has been finished and is ready to go in still a few things to go on. The Transmission has been freshened up as well its a 1969 Chevy 2 Speed Powerglide.

• 2 weeks later...

Wildfish, the colour took me 2 years to decide on. We tried to make it as close as possible to the blue water offshore, its hard explaining it to a panel beater who has only seen green water inside, but he nailed the colour on the fifth mix, thinking about mounting a gamechair on the tray for laughs.

• 3 months later...