Fishing Balmoral For Blackfish Sunday

roosterman

hi guys,

decided against the planned sat night jew/hairy night(must be getting too old) in favour of a family day with my boys down at balmoral chasing blackfish... prob not gonna be a fully serious luderick bash as will be a late start (8-9ish)due to getting family stuff organised... if anyone wants to join us your welcome and i should have a good supply of weed that i will procure tomorrow sometime....

has anyone fished there recently and howd you go,i havent fished there since mid 80's but they should be there in good numbers by now im assuming... if not theres always jackets and pinkies for the boys to enjoy catching :biggrin2: .....

cheers....steve......

Edited by roosterman

dont forget that the wharf is closed down if thats where u r fishing as they are carrying out extensive repairs

bugger :1badmood::ranting2: .. thats thrown a spanner in the works so to speak........

is the whole wharf off limits or just sections......

may have to change to cliftons with the hordes of other fishoes as i need somewhere with a good parkland for family fun also.......

thanks for that moses... ill check with mosman council....

cheers...steve.....

bugger :1badmood::ranting2: .. thats thrown a spanner in the works so to speak........

is the whole wharf off limits or just sections......

may have to change to cliftons with the hordes of other fishoes as i need somewhere with a good parkland for family fun also.......

thanks for that moses... ill check with mosman council....

cheers...steve.....

Was down there Last Thursday & the whole wharf was off limits - Its petty much a construction zone and looks like a Big project that they are doing. There was Site sheds on the outer wharf and fencing for days...

What a shame! Just as well you put the post up, Steve!! I was getting excited for you!

HOpe you get somewhere where there are lots of fish for the kids to get into ! :)

Roberta

hi roberta,

have the blackies come on the chew big time up there yet....

i havnt fished for them for a couple weeks here but there was def some big schools i saw the other day down the harbour...got the blood boilin watching them swim up to pylons eating the kelp,wish i had my bf rod with me...

yeh im glad i put post up as i had no idea it was closed... might go 40 baskets or cliftons as they have nice parks also for playtime with kids after playtime with the blackfish :biggrin2: ...

the outlaws due down soon so i might get some extra weed and she can take some back up if your interested....

does anyone have another suggestion for parkland/luderick spot thats kid friendly...

cheers...steve.....

Edited by roosterman

Hi Steve

Woohooo!! I'd love some weed (if you can find some & the outlaws don't mind bringing it back!!! :) ) I can go over to them to pick it up, no worries!! :)

I have had some beaut fish in the yak near the leases - haven't tried the wall for ages, but had heard of sporadic good catches. Another month or so & it will be HOT!!!

Hope you can find a good spot to fish with the kids!!

Cheerio for now

ROberta

Clifton is now repaired.Balmoral may be closed for some time....

Fished the sand flats of C.G. last W/E ,forgot the floats :1prop: as we thought we'd get Kings/Trevs/Bream.But you have to be flexible.....so we flicked unweighted weed out on 4lb leaders and had about 6 'takes' for 3 hook-ups and only 1 landed.We had no net either...... :1prop:

most of the fish were better than a kg and didn't lift well....