Mona Vale Blackies

luderick59

just got back from mona vale rocks best session ive had for a long time

myself and 2 mates had a ball with triple hook ups on and off for about 1 hour i think we lost as many as we caught

i left just on dark my 2 mates stayed on fishing dont know how many they caught

perfect conditions big tide rough water nowhere to land fish had to play them up to the side of the pool and grab them with a rag in your hand to secure them

all fish were taken pussyfooting without a float great fun :thumbup:

all fish were caught on cabbage

peter :1fishing1:

post-4997-1214733189_thumb.jpg

The way they keep getting bigger from left to right, if you'd kept fishing you might have needed to pull out the LBG outfit and a harness. They're some awesome looking fish.

Cheers, Slinky

Totally agree with Slinky. Those two on the right are god damned stompers.

Is that a standard newspaper they are laying on? It would mean that those last two are around the 50cm mark. Great catch.

Is the second from the right greyer in colour than the rest, or would that just be the angle of the photo?

Congratulations on some super specimens.

just got back from mona vale rocks best session ive had for a long time

myself and 2 mates had a ball with triple hook ups on and off for about 1 hour i think we lost as many as we caught

i left just on dark my 2 mates stayed on fishing dont know how many they caught

perfect conditions big tide rough water nowhere to land fish had to play them up to the side of the pool and grab them with a rag in your hand to secure them

all fish were taken pussyfooting without a float great fun :thumbup:

all fish were caught on cabbage

peter :1fishing1:

post-4997-1214733189_thumb.jpg

Top catch there Luderick59, must have been an awesome session. I noticed you have a Roberta signature cut, good on ya man....

Scout

hi all

mariner 31

no not standard newspaper size it was manl y daily r/e section which is 35cm i wish it was my target blackie is50cm which i hope to catch in the future :biggrin2:

scout

i allways keep them alive in a keeper net until ive finished fishing, did the roberta cut to kill and gut as it was getting dark and a pelican was hasseling me left heads on for photos

Well done Peter!! That's a good haul of blackfish!!! I'm pretty fussy with fish but I've always liked eating grilled blackfish and Shirl does buys them occasionally.

I've been keeping one or two scaled fillets or heads aside and having a lot of general bites stripping the flesh right thru to the skin but I've had no luck on the jew so far or when using whole blackfish, including the day fishing with Slinky and Arked when we got results, but only on local squid after having an assortment of other bait like livies, fish baits and the even fresh green eye squid.

Pete I'm thinking we should put blackfish thru a thorough elimination test :1yikes: as soon as we see some decent Hawkesbury results. I need to retire on a heap of pb's at least within the next twenty years :D

There should be a wall of winter jewfish coming in and so many more than going out, we'll just have to find the schools that's all.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Peter

Fantastic haul there - those bigger ones on the right are monsters & in such good condition!!! Well done :) :)

Can't wait to get down there in late July & have another go with you ..... with my own alvey 500bc :)

See ya

ROberta