Another Yft Report

mr magoo

hi folks fish near the mountain on sunday trolled from the shelf for 1 strikethat pulled the hooks ,set up are trail and first drift back dave was away,8kg yft and soon after i give him a simaler sized mate to chat to in the tuna bag,drop another and then it goes quiet for a couple hours dave hooks another small fin wich goes on the ice,soon after a 70ishkg mako cruises up and gives my sea anchor a touch up,feed him a slimie wich he rejects ,rerig a bigger bait and were away 20 odd minutes later hes at the boat wearing a shiny new fisheries tag ,this fish appeared to have a gaff wound in him near his head that was healing tried to get a photo but it was goin ape so i thought id cut him off before dave had his arms stretched that bit longer

as we were trying to get to the arvo tide change with are pillie supply dwindiling ,with 3or 4pillies and a slimie on the cutting board, jOSE on ,good stuff ,i hour later dave expertly pins the fish in the head the fish reacts violently ,dave manages to come out of the wite water with gaff and fish attached ,gaff stays in there long enough for a second to secure it ,top stuff

what do you guys reckon get a stronger fixed gaff lol

post-5893-1214831024_thumb.jpg

43kg fin

[post-5893-1214831115_thumb.jpg

had a top day, come home again in the dark

cheers arman

Nice fin buddy....

Gaffs like that became too common for me :1badmood: On a recent trip we bent out the hook on one and the pole on the other on Yellowfin, bit the bullet and bought two new 6 foot Top Shot fixed gaffs, one head 4 inch and the other 6 inch.....they wont break!!!! :1prop: Look sweet as well lol....

Dan

Edited by Le Pasha