What Browns Again,part One

mr magoo

hey folks went out on sideshow and his dad to get his old man stretched on some game tackle,first fish for leo(daves dad)was a small alby ,i get a strike on the cube and play what appears to be a another small alby by the tailbeats on the rod sugested it was a tuna of sorts then i fell some rattles and bumbs transmited up the line ,sqealling drag and then bitten of (sharked)keep cubing some time passes and the deep livie goes off lost this after 45plus minutes on 24 ,leos probably feeling a tad sore after that,soon after i jag a 38kg fin,livie goes of again to get bitten off (shark)just before the arvo tide change a mako comes to the boat looks like a decent fish,we rigg up a trace with a stripie of a couple of kilos,while leo get gets the harness and gimbel on,and it goes like this

post-5893-1215337771_thumb.jpg

and then this

post-5893-1215337805_thumb.jpg

what the !

post-5893-1215337846_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1215337884_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1215337920_thumb.jpg

that folks was one run after doing four jumps on the surface ,it was a brand new spool of 50 lb on a tiagra 50that was full to the brim,and the drag tested on scales

part two shortly

cheers arman

Edited by mr magoo

part two

after getting down to the bottom of the spool we thought it was a forgone conclusion that were gona get stiched up in a big way,but nothing it just sat and sulked,drag must of been exreme at this stage ,leo thought hed pass it on to his son dave(check the lever,sunset,plus the thumbs ,comon ! put your back into it son)

post-5893-1215338578_thumb.jpg

it became clear to us that the shark had become tailwraped and drowned and we had plenty of string out

suns starting to set

post-5893-1215338686_thumb.jpg

dark now

post-5893-1215338756_thumb.jpg

sure enough at six thirty the tail is spotted in the lights of sideshow,it was very disappointing for this fish to die ,it wasn't what we were after as we were hoping to tag him and let him go on his way,we all hoped that we might of been wrong and the shark was just being stuburn,spoke to dave today and he,s a tad sore after spending two hours at sunset with his thumbs clamped on the spool inching line litrially getting a inch at a time

heres a shot of the wire wrapped around the tail

post-5893-1215339230_thumb.jpg

heres the yft

post-5893-1215339305_thumb.jpg

and here are the boys on tricat with a hefty fin that was sharked so very close to the boat

post-5893-1215339376_thumb.jpg

cheers arman

Arman, did you weigh the mako, if so what did it go? If not what did you estimate it at? Sounds like you had plenty of shark action in the trail, just wondering whether you were using a berley pot if you have one?

Daniel

part two

after getting down to the bottom of the spool we thought it was a forgone conclusion that were gona get stiched up in a big way,but nothing it just sat and sulked,drag must of been exreme at this stage ,leo thought hed pass it on to his son dave(check the lever,sunset,plus the thumbs ,comon ! put your back into it son)

post-5893-1215338578_thumb.jpg

it became clear to us that the shark had become tailwraped and drowned and we had plenty of string out

suns starting to set

post-5893-1215338686_thumb.jpg

dark now

post-5893-1215338756_thumb.jpg

sure enough at six thirty the tail is spotted in the lights of sideshow,it was very disappointing for this fish to die ,it wasn't what we were after as we were hoping to tag him and let him go on his way,we all hoped that we might of been wrong and the shark was just being stuburn,spoke to dave today and he,s a tad sore after spending two hours at sunset with his thumbs clamped on the spool inching line litrially getting a inch at a time

heres a shot of the wire wrapped around the tail

post-5893-1215339230_thumb.jpg

heres the yft

post-5893-1215339305_thumb.jpg

and here are the boys on tricat with a hefty fin that was sharked so very close to the boat

post-5893-1215339376_thumb.jpg

cheers arman

Nice fin guys,

sounds like there are a few sharks around.Were you fishing right on Browns?

Wicked report Arman, as usual, and pics to boot, bad luck to Mr Sharkey and well done on the Fin, i heard that Tricats Fin went 60kg after the sharking.

Oh and was this report from today or yesterday that you went out? Cause Tricat was out there yesterday.

Top report.

Kamil

Edited by xtosea

Arman, did you weigh the mako, if so what did it go? If not what did you estimate it at? Sounds like you had plenty of shark action in the trail, just wondering whether you were using a berley pot if you have one?

Daniel

hi daniel ,we didnt weigh the mako,ive got to tell you that this fish was on steriods ,if i didnt see it myself i wouldnt beleive the way this fish dished it up ,maybe 140kg tops ,it punched well beyond its weight,and we didnt use the berley pot

cheers arman

Wicked report Arman, as usual, and pics to boot, bad luck to Mr Sharkey and well done on the Fin, i heard that Tricats Fin went 60kg after the sharking.

Oh and was this report from today or yesterday that you went out? Cause Tricat was out there yesterday.

Top report.

Kamil

saturdays report

yeh rang alexander as we came in through the heads, he told me then the weight he also asked for us to check if the tail of mani,s fish was in it. lol

and no it wasnt

and mike we were close to browns but not on it

cheers arman

hi guys well this is the fish a awsome fish a shame to see such a awsome fish sharked so close to the end of the fight !!! arman awsome day out there looking to do another one soon !!!

left steve middle manny right alexander

taken at fish therapy earlwood

great team effort by all special thanks to arman for the awsome fotos

post-7669-1215348213_thumb.jpg

was the big fin that got sharked caught on the troll or on the cube?

it is a real shame that it got sharked, :wife::mad3::ranting2: if that was me i would not of been happy at all and i know the anglers would not be either.

what did it end up pulling the scale's down to?

when was it caught?

Edited by Scon

was the big fin that got sharked caught on the troll or on the cube?

it is a real shame that it got sharked, :wife::mad3::ranting2: if that was me i would not of been happy at all and i know the anglers would not be either.

what did it end up pulling the scale's down to?

when was it caught?

taken on a livie in a cube trail,remains as in the pic went 60kg ,sat urday miday ish

cheers arman

Top report Arman and love the photos.

How far wide of browns were you.

3miles mate

Cmon Arman,

Enough fish .... the stocks are depleeting and i think the yellow fin are hurding up to discuss wether it is worth the risk staying off browns while Mr Magoo is present ...

Your on fire lol

P.S tell Reece to watch out for those BURGERS!!!! :1prop: lol

OH Magoo You've done it again

Hi Arman

First time on the Web since we spoke Sunday.

Getting a bit annoyed with all successful reports you have been posting lately.

But the story & Pics sure make for an interesting read !!

The 50 sure looks a bit empty there on the mako's dive to the bottom.

Drop it over when you get a chance and we will do an autopsy on it to sort out any problems it may have developed.

Hope the Weather Gods are kind for this W/End as we are planning a trip Sat.

Talk to you soon

Ken

Good going armon well done on

the fin the shots are great to see

and the mako looks like a hand full.

The same thing happened to us on a 30wide right

down to the last 10m of line and theres no were to

go to chase the fish as they go straight down your

result was better than ours though we pulled the

hook on 100m left to go and it never jumped at all

200+ fish spewin.

cheers mate :beersmile:

here is a pic from the footage i took almost

getting spooled on a 30w it turned at the last minute

then took us on a hour chase after that before pulling

the hook

Edited by OUTFISHER

Well done boys. You are certainly cracking onto the YFT at the moment. Well done on your efforts an i wish you all the best as the sason progresses.

Thats a nice fin and a cracker of a mako. Do you have a full size pic of the mako? Seeing the bottom of the spool must have got the heart pounding! :1prop:

The weather is looking good again this weekend for a crack at the mountain! See you all out there if the weather holds :thumbup:

Well done boys. You are certainly cracking onto the YFT at the moment. Well done on your efforts an i wish you all the best as the sason progresses.

Thats a nice fin and a cracker of a mako. Do you have a full size pic of the mako? Seeing the bottom of the spool must have got the heart pounding! :1prop:

The weather is looking good again this weekend for a crack at the mountain! See you all out there if the weather holds :thumbup:

i have a photo of the fish in the dark laying in the back of a ute ,didnt post it cause its quite gross ,with stomach and what not hanging from its mouth,dont want to fire up any greenies

cheeers arman

hi guys well this is the fish a awsome fish a shame to see such a awsome fish sharked so close to the end of the fight !!! arman awsome day out there looking to do another one soon !!!

left steve middle manny right alexander

taken at fish therapy earlwood

great team effort by all special thanks to arman for the awsome fotos

post-7669-1215348213_thumb.jpg

hahahaha..... thats funny!!

how do u know alex katra and his dad?? im mates with him!

tell alex screech sends his regards

Excellent fishing Arman :thumbup: I'm surprised you used the heavy Captain Cook Bridge Tiagra 50's on the stuff off Browns, still I suppose a day of lightweight fishing and a Mako and a few Tuna should have you well prepared for an attack on Tom Uglies.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Excellent fishing Arman :thumbup: I'm surprised you used the heavy Captain Cook Bridge Tiagra 50's on the stuff off Browns, still I suppose a day of lightweight fishing and a Mako and a few Tuna should have you well prepared for an attack on Tom Uglies.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

hey byron just fine tuning my jewie tackle mate

cheers arman

• 4 weeks later...

hahahaha..... thats funny!!

how do u know alex katra and his dad?? im mates with him!

tell alex screech sends his regards

sorry for the delay,didnt see this ,i met steve fishing in the ansa comp at nowra after a good black he hooked up almost jumped into our boat ,and met alex from there on

cheers arman