Nice Day Fishing With Kim For Blackies

arpie

Hi guys

The weather was supposed to be terrible today, but looking out the window this morning, I was surprised to see blue skies, sun & no or little wind! :) We decided to try landbased blackie fishing today.

We hit the most 'technical' spot first ..... and not long after, I got a really fat, well conditioned fish! Bit of a surprise, really! I didn't know it was on! Got him to the net, then caught the fish of the day next! Monster!post-2231-1215425269_thumb.jpg

Kept fishing & Kim caught a nice 29cm one, which she put back (being her 'first ever of species' and destined to go back!) Very sporting of her!

post-2231-1215425453_thumb.jpg post-2231-1215425480_thumb.jpg

I was chuffed that she was able to catch & land her first fish on her first blackie outing! Well done Kim!

I caught another nice one which tried to wrap me round a pole, but managed to coax him out! There was a lot of water between fish, I can tell you! Three other blokes had joined us & had no joy at all, so we felt pretty chuffed at having outfished the boys comprehensively! :)

We went to our next spot & managed the one fish, then headed to our final spot & caught another one ..... where the 4 blokes there had given up & virtually gone home!! :)

A young couple arrived with their pet ferret (on a leash) & both Kim & I were entranced by this exotic creature! We both had a cuddle (with the ferret!) & headed home.

All up, we had a great day on the water & the blackies will be smoked tomorrow & converted into Yummy Smoked Fish Pie! :)

post-2231-1215425615_thumb.jpg

Hope to try for some beach worms & have a beach fish tomorrow - or if the weather is yucky, we may drive to Camden Haven/Lauriton for a drive :) It has been terrific having yet another female fishing fanatic to hit the water with! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Congrats ladies, on another successful day on the water :thumbup:

A ferret on a leash :1yikes: You DO see the strangest things when you go fishing :074:

How fat is that big blackie .... holy cow! Could feed a small caravan park with the fillets off that thing!

Big 'well done' to Kim on her first catch (and release) of a blackie :clapping: Considering who she is fishing with, it was just a matter of 'when' not 'if' hehe. Good luck with your beach sojourn tomorrow!

Hodgey

Nah Hodgey.... couldn't feed anything with that. (it's not really a fish - I have it on good authority that Roberta has taken to buying footballs and colouring them in!)

Nice work and report as always Roberta. Congrats on your first Blackie Kim! Try to wheedle as many secrets as you can out of Roberta and the rest of us raiders might all chip in and pay you to tell all.

Cheers, Slinky

Hi guys

We headed up to Dunbogan/Camden Haven & Port Macquarie today & hit the water at Camden Haven ..... what a pleasant spot it is! Last time I was there was last year with Ross Hunter & the Dunbogan Grogans! Some lovely fish/blackies seen patrolling the weed beds of the breakwall ...... tried to tempt them onto a hook & only succeeded after finding a 2 square inch bit of local weed that I put on the hook! 2 casts later, a nice down & hooked onto a stud Dunbogan Blackie!! :)

Nice Dunbogan Blackie!

post-2231-1215511987_thumb.jpg

I have to measure the float to confirm the length of the fish!

post-2231-1215512015_thumb.jpg

Just lip hooked! :(

post-2231-1215512089_thumb.jpg

Kim had some good hits on sps with her bream gear, but no joy on the blackies today.

We continued on to Port Macquarie & tried a favourite spot that had produced previously for me, but not today! I had hooked some monsters there previously, & been busted off by many - but not today! We headed home as the skies opened up & we had lightening & heavy rain all the way home - we made the right decision to go north, as we had a fine day till 5pm, when it started sprinkling at Port!! :) Didn't get home in time for beach worming today, so will try again tomorrow pm!

Hope to hit the channel tomorrow morning & the beach in the pm!

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta