Clifon Gardens

capo dei capi

:1fishing1: Hey guyss ive been fishing at clifton gardens for a while now and all i can seem to catch is leather jackets bream and small yellowtaill... just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to catch one of those big kingies or samson fish that regularly get pulled out... or even just some helpfull info on how to diversify my catch...

thanksss aye

the kingfish aren't really around there anymore and is why you're not catching em.. im not too sure of the samsons coz ive never heard of them being caught there but the leatheries are plentiful there along with yakkas lol thats all you're gna get this time of year along with the trevors here n there..

wait til summer for the kings n use well presented fresh squid to attract them..

you can try n catch squid at clifton but its really hard as there arent many left due to overfishing in that area..

good luck!

Hey Pescatore,

For something different try drifting among the moored boats in places like Watsons Bay or North Harbour with either bait or soft plastics on the bottom. You should pick up some good flathead. A small livie in any deep holes or drop offs in the same area might connect you to a John Dory or 2.

Cheers, Slinky

AYEEE THANKS GUYSS

yeahh ill give ur reccomendations a go hopefully ill catch one of those flatties

and yeah at clifton i generally go midweek on a school day.. but dont worry ive been there on a public holiday.. wasnt the best experience.. i was untangllin lines more then i was fishing

Mate if you want to brush up on your squidding skills there has been plenty there over the past few weeks. Apart from that unless you are after little reddies, yakka or some nice trevors & jackets you will be disappointed until the water warms up again. Though you will pick up some good sized bream through winter you just can't rely on them as being a regular catch. Good luck.

Paul

the last i heard of a king pulled up there was about 2 week ago

then there was a heap of garfish in the area and the king was taken on a live gar

my mate has also lost a couple

the squid are still there and heaps of blackfish

if your land based wanting a king its pretty hard atm no matter where u go!

the salmon is about to come through though

You're right about the garfish jin!

Caught 2 dozen of em on the weekend - no kings were around to take em though.

yeh in the next month or so, the bigger trevs shouldbe popping around the wharf in good numbers, and so should the sambo's.