Blacks&tans

Braidbuster

Cold water has given an opportunity 4 champgne finesse light line fishing.The top 1m of water warms in sheltered bays,promoting rapid weed growth.The biggest strongest Blackfish grab these seagrass beds in the pm on a high tide.2kg flouro ,unweighted weed ,sightfishing,is fantastic!

More Blacks

post-6089-1216109671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Braidbuster

Cold water has given an opportunity 4 champgne finesse light line fishing.The top 1m of water warms in sheltered bays,promoting rapid weed growth.The biggest strongest Blackfish grab these seagrass beds in the pm on a high tide.2kg flouro ,unweighted weed ,sightfishing,is fantastic!

More Blacks

how come they got yellow heads?

how come they got yellow heads?

Maybe they're chain smokers. :074:

Or possibly they have a carrotine surplus. :biggrin2:

Good question, deserves a better answer than was given. :thumbdown:

Maybe another Raider might be more helpful. :thumbup:

Edited by Mariner 31

Well done Braidbuster, with such light line!! :1yikes: I have gutted some blackies here that were chock full of ribbon grass ..... haven't tried it on a hook to entice them tho ......

Funnily, I have found weed growing on ribbon weed & have contemplated putting a section on a hook, but usually have some nicer weed that I end up using :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

The reason they have the yellowish tinge (its actually bronze guys!) is they are ocean run luderick nicknamed bronzies and would have come inside to fatten up for spawning they may head north or south or just stay in that system at this point they arenice and fat and very sweet.

Braidbuster i catch them like that in 30 ft of water in Sydney harbour when they rise in the burley or are sitting just under the surface near structure great feeling to actually feel a luderick bite and then charge off if you have a fly set up try using a saltwater weed fly to them and really challenge yourself! :beersmile:

Cheers

Royce.

Yellow "counter shading"is a camoflage device over yellowish sand.

Actually braidbuster no matter how light or darjk a luderick goes i ahve seen them a deep olive green from the Georges they will always have that bronze tinge a luderick over sand will go almost white or silver sometimes with a beautiful purplish tinge, especially if they have come out of an ocean wash!

As for technique theresthe purist method anf those that apply when you throw the rule book out but ludedrick angling has never had one really!

Congratulations Braidbuster always good to see someone try something different. I finally found some weed in the Illawarra and am going to give a few of the local creeks a go tomorrow. If I can see any blackfish swimming around I'll give your method a try. Always good to see someone experimenting. Who knows maybe blackfishing will become popular again like bream on soft plastics is now.

More reports please when you have another go.

Howard