Time I Share

ROCK*SPG

Hi all,

This is my first post so please take it easy on me!

About time I share this story of putting what I've learnt into action, i.e. many hours of watching the same DVDs over and over again.

Seen as the Missus is a teacher holidays with the family have to be based around the school holidays. Fortunately for me the full moon in April was at the end of the first week of a two week stay at Soliders Point, Port Stephens.

So the planning started. I concentrated my efforts on the wreck using all that I've learnt, livies, fresh squid and anything else jewies are renowned to eat. After totally exhausting myself, my father and anyone else who would crew with me, I made one last attempt to take the one talior and move to the island off Soliders Point. Within 20 minutes of dropping the pick, the outfit that the tailor was on started getting smashed. At this time I should say that the livie was on a $2 rod from a garage sale that my Dad had picked up and a $20 no name reel from ebay.

All of a sudden the line starts heading towards the nose of the boat at a great speed. My Dad picks up the rod as I started clearing the deck and getting rid of the anchor since it was headed in that direction. After a 30 minute battle we managed to land this horse of a jew.

post-802-1218931275_thumb.jpg

post-802-1218931282_thumb.jpg

post-802-1218931294_thumb.jpg

post-802-1218931305_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazedfisherdude

At this time I should say that the livie was on a $2 rod from a garage sale that my Dad had picked up and a $20 no name reel from ebay.

But . . . . I thought it was a well accepted fact that jewies bite better on expensive gear? Surely most self-respecting jewies cruise up boatside to check the rig being employed by the angler before shooting back to the bottom to take the bait? That's certainly been the assumption I've been operating under.

"Stella with Texalium live fibre? Well OK - I'll have a bite on this one"

Obviously this jew wasn't fully aware of its obligations as a discerning consumer. Either that or my local tackle shop owner has been lying to me.

Great fish!