Big Snapper And Giant Sharks

Ross Hunter

THE GOSN GENERATION

The Gosn family have been great friends and business acquaintances for many years Matty Gosn worked on my boat Broadbill for a season when he was 15 years of age. That season we tagged a couple of hundred small and very active blacks and Matt never missed a beat on the trace. We shared many happy and humorous memories together in that ’92 season at Pt Stephens.

They are a famous fishing family Father Paul in his 35 Bertram Janel fished for the Botany Bay club for many years and most competitively I might add.

They are three generation fisherman and they are very good.

Nathan Gosn I rate as one of the best shark fisherman I can remember and there has been a few over fourty years. His consistency in catches has been amazing over along period of tournaments and time.

Brother Matt is not far behind if not as good. The lads have always targeted the mud wallopers and hold many records between them. These days they run the most successful Sylvania marina. The largest Bertram dealer in the country.

Well! It seems as though there may be another champ in the family and that is Nathan’s’ son Anthony

I can remember a younger Anthony on hands and knees catching specimens of tiny fish around the pontoon s at the marina or throwing soft plastics for hours.

Well the lad has excelled when fishing yesterday with Dad and Uncle Mat.

Check out six kilos of snapper caught on a soft plastic off Botany Bay by Anthony

Well done Anthony

Other photos Uncle Matt and his sharks, check out the size of the boat..I'm frightened and worried about nightmares to night

Roscoe

post-2782-1219303461_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1219303606_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1219303650_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1219303679_thumb.jpg

Hey Roscoe....great yarn about the Ghosn boys....they will giving you a stir about spelling there name wrong!! :074:

I have known all the boys for many years as well & have been lucky enough to have fished with them a few times........there vast knowledge of all types of fishing is truely amazeing.

Young Anthony is super keen & a top little fisho,always fishing any time he is around the water.

The boys better halves are excellent fishergirls as well!!!!! :wife::wife: with Matty's wife having landed many huge Tiger sharks,some in excess of 500kgs!!!!

And yes Hook'm.....the Tiger shark featured in Roscoe's post is well over 250kgs......352kgs on 15kg line, caught November 2007,out of Matts boat Razorback.

Hey Roscoe....great yarn about the Ghosn boys....they will giving you a stir about spelling there name wrong!! :074:

I have known all the boys for many years as well & have been lucky enough to have fished with them a few times........there vast knowledge of all types of fishing is truely amazeing.

Young Anthony is super keen & a top little fisho,always fishing any time he is around the water.

The boys better halves are excellent fishergirls as well!!!!! :wife::wife: with Matty's wife having landed many huge Tiger sharks,some in excess of 500kgs!!!!

And yes Hook'm.....the Tiger shark featured in Roscoe's post is well over 250kgs......352kgs on 15kg line, caught November 2007,out of Matts boat Razorback.

OMG!

THE GOSN GENERATION

The Gosn family have been great friends and business acquaintances for many years Matty Gosn worked on my boat Broadbill for a season when he was 15 years of age. That season we tagged a couple of hundred small and very active blacks and Matt never missed a beat on the trace. We shared many happy and humorous memories together in that ’92 season at Pt Stephens.

They are a famous fishing family Father Paul in his 35 Bertram Janel fished for the Botany Bay club for many years and most competitively I might add.

They are three generation fisherman and they are very good.

Nathan Gosn I rate as one of the best shark fisherman I can remember and there has been a few over fourty years. His consistency in catches has been amazing over along period of tournaments and time.

Brother Matt is not far behind if not as good. The lads have always targeted the mud wallopers and hold many records between them. These days they run the most successful Sylvania marina. The largest Bertram dealer in the country.

Well! It seems as though there may be another champ in the family and that is Nathan’s’ son Anthony

I can remember a younger Anthony on hands and knees catching specimens of tiny fish around the pontoon s at the marina or throwing soft plastics for hours.

Well the lad has excelled when fishing yesterday with Dad and Uncle Mat.

Check out six kilos of snapper caught on a soft plastic off Botany Bay by Anthony

Well done Anthony

Other photos Uncle Matt and his sharks, check out the size of the boat..I'm frightened and worried about nightmares to night

Roscoe

post-2782-1219303461_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1219303606_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1219303650_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1219303679_thumb.jpg

ross i think you've found yourself a new deckie or better yet a new skipper i wouldn't mind going for a fish with him nice snapper