Avoca Rocks This Arvo

Ray R

Hi Raiders, went down the rocks at Avoca today, the seas were calm and there was a noreaster blowing,

I had a big slab of old salted bonito , so I cast it out , sat on the rocks and waited, didn't take too long before one of the ocean floor vacuum cleaners scoffed it down, my rod buckled and I hit him, after a titanic 3minute slug fest I had a 3 foot long Port Jackson Shark at the rocks edge, I new he couldn't be lifted so as I could see that it was only my 1/0 keeper hook in his lip I put a bit of pressure on the lift and the hook pulled free and the PJ slinked away.

That was my arvo fishing, only a couple of other fisho's further around the rocks, myself, a gentle ocean and an arvo sea breeze, a pleasent way the spend the last hours of the day.

I didn't take any fish pics so I just shot what I was looking at sitting on the hard rocks dreaming the arvo away.... Cheers...

post-3371-1219314057_thumb.jpg

only a couple of other fisho's further around the rocks, myself, a gentle ocean and an arvo sea breeze, a pleasent way the spend the last hours of the day.

Great therapy Ray. I've got a visual of you in the yoga position on the rocks doing a couple of Hmmm.... Hmmmm ! :P

Cheers,

Cam

Hi Raiders, went down the rocks at Avoca today, the seas were calm and there was a noreaster blowing,

I had a big slab of old salted bonito , so I cast it out , sat on the rocks and waited, didn't take too long before one of the ocean floor vacuum cleaners scoffed it down, my rod buckled and I hit him, after a titanic 3minute slug fest I had a 3 foot long Port Jackson Shark at the rocks edge, I new he couldn't be lifted so as I could see that it was only my 1/0 keeper hook in his lip I put a bit of pressure on the lift and the hook pulled free and the PJ slinked away.

That was my arvo fishing, only a couple of other fisho's further around the rocks, myself, a gentle ocean and an arvo sea breeze, a pleasent way the spend the last hours of the day.

I didn't take any fish pics so I just shot what I was looking at sitting on the hard rocks dreaming the arvo away.... Cheers...

Nice to here some of us getting out there for a bit of a fish. Was anyone else catching anything, have there been any salmon, tailor, etc getting around up there?

Cheers,

Chris

Nice to here some of us getting out there for a bit of a fish. Was anyone else catching anything, have there been any salmon, tailor, etc getting around up there?

Cheers,

Chris

Don't know for sure Chris, I think it is quiet for all species along the rocks at the moment. Cheers...

Ray ,have u tried the lagoon?Got some good bream & flatties in the past in winter.

Yes a long time ago though, used to get some big bream in the old lake, it became very active when they opened it.. Cheers..