Brighton Le Sands

katsuo

Hi all,

Went out today to Brighton. Arrived at 8:00am and started flicking softplastics around. Such a nice sunny warm day it was comfortable, light wind and calm waters. Felt like taking a nap on the sand. But i was not there for sleeping. I wanted to catch a flathead.

Havent had much luck catching anything lately :1badmood: Havent been fishing for the last month. So i was desperate to fish.

It was 11:45am when I decided that I was gonna catch nothing today. One last cast and thats it! im heading home.

Until... ohh... what!? a nice size "fatty" came into the net. This guy probably wanted to go home with me too, so I gladly took him along. :biggrin2:

P8300328.jpg

P8300336.jpg

P8300337.jpg

Well done mate

Spent a few hours drifting around there Tuesday for 4 flathead

Plenty of tailor around in the bay as well

Hi Hoges1974,

Thanks for the reply, Yes I did manage to hook up 2 tailors.

how did you cook the flathead? I was thinking of coating them in breadcrums and frying them. mmm... *stomach rumbles*

After waiting so long for a fish, Katsuo, that bloke is a real treat. Great table quality fish mate, well done! :thumbup:

Hodgey

It was a Great table fish! Just had it for dinner.

Two big fillets, seasoned with salt & peper and coated in flour. Then pan fried. sqeeze a little bit of lemon on top and it was delicious!

Hmmm i don't think that fish will count as I'm sure those groins are sign posted no fishing!!!!

But how gives a rats....well done!!! sound like you deserved it.

I've never really understood why there are No fishing signs there....every other breakwall in the country its ok to fish from.....

Hi Hoges1974,

Thanks for the reply, Yes I did manage to hook up 2 tailors.

how did you cook the flathead? I was thinking of coating them in breadcrums and frying them. mmm... *stomach rumbles*

I have been cooking mine in some fish coating mix the misses gets from coles. Usually throw in some garlic as well BLOODY SENSATIONAL

I have also fished from the groynes and never seen a no fishing sign ??????

Edited by hoges1974