With A Thunderous 'whump!' .....

Hodgey

G'Day all,

Well ... here it is. No photos, and worse still, NO FISH. Six hours on the lake produced one flathead, which was captured by Dene. This is my 1st fishless trip in more than 18 months :1badmood:

Tides were good, weather was fine (although I would like to know what the barometric pressure was for that morning) and we used the same lures and techniques we have used for months. Travelled a hell of a lot of miles and covered a shedload of water, all to no avail. No excuses; just couldn't turn 'em onto bite today :(

I am hanging out to find how the FishRaider Carp session went. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hodgey

Bad luck Hodgey - just makes your previous successful trips all the more precious!

Cool & wet here today, so stayed home & read the papers! :) Our guests went out yesterday with one of the Dive Boats & did Latitude Rock & a wreck ..... today, did The Pinnacle, but the current was really strong & a lot of crap in the water, also very rough. Both felt ill & one was ill after surfacing ...... disappointed, but discouraged! They'll be back! :)

Cheerio & better luck next outing

Roberta

NOOOOooooooooo....... :1crybaby:

Only one thing to do mate... :drunk:

It had to happen one day. It's the luckless days though that make the good days so special.

"If every day was a sunny day, the world would be a desert."

Hope to see a few more nice fish in your next post.

Cheers, Slinky

Cheers folks. You are quite correct. We have had a terrific winter season on the flatties, and some top bream sessions should be just around the corner.

I have followed your advice to the letter, Tony, and am enjoying a nice bottle of 8 year old port! :1wine:

Hodgey

aaahhh Human like the rest of us.

My session was better. Family interfered with fishing and then too many beers and my team won the A grade grand final. then too many beers. :1prop:

Maybe next week I will hit the water.

Dave

edit

maybe

but with the Sharks heading to the big game the boat may stay dry

Edited by davemmm

Mate we all have em sooner or later, we just like em later! hehehe

Just like when ya stack ya bike, best thing to do is just get back on and as soon as possible!

Any excuse to get back out there!

Greg

Mate we all have em sooner or later, we just like em later! hehehe

Just like when ya stack ya bike, best thing to do is just get back on and as soon as possible!

Any excuse to get back out there!

Greg

:biggrin2: Definitely Greg! Interestingly, I caught up with several fishos in my local tavern Sunday afternoon and they were scathing in their assessment of our waterway. Some had travelled from Canberra and had caught a bream and a whiting for the whole weekend ... between 7 of them :1yikes: They had measured the water temp to average 13 degrees, which is no different to what we have had for the last 7 weeks. Some of the excuses were classics, including:

"The bloody dolphins trapped in the lake are scaring all the fish away" (been here 3 weeks now)

" I left my best lures on the bench at home" (*no comment)

"The bait wasn't fresh enough" (*biting my tongue again)

"Too many boats on the water" (wait 'til you're here in Summer, mate!)

Looks like I will have a lot less visitors to contend with in the weeks to come! :074:

Hodgey