Bassing The Hawksbury Photos

erwin

Managed to get out onto the Hawksbury on Thursday for a paddle before work hoping to find an early season bass. I managed to land 2 at 35cm and one at 40cm in a couple of hours as well as missing numerous surface hits. All in all a good morning. Best catch for the day though was returning to my launch site to discover someone had left a plano tackle box behind. When I opened the box I discover approximately $600 worth of prime imported lures inside, and there were only 30 lures in the box. Being a dedicated bass angler I know how I would feel if I had lost these lures so I made it my mission that day to find the owner and return them. Impossible you may think, well, a long story short, I did track down the owner by asking some questions at the only tackle store I know who carries these types of lures. By 7pm on the same day the very very appreciative person in question had his tackle box back, with all lures present and accounted for, much to his relief. He wasn't even aware he had left the lures behind the night before. So Luke, make sure you pack everything next time mate and enjoy the great lures, and thanks for the case of beer. Still a little early for full on bass action but a nice primer before the weed takes over.

Very kind and honest gesture indeed.

Definately will bring you some good karma.

Well conditioned looking fish.

If there was a Fishraider of the Month I'd be giving my vote to you Erwin.

Well done, congratulations, and your honesty renews my faith in man kind.

Cheers

Mariner

Very kind and honest gesture indeed.

Definately will bring you some good karma.

Well conditioned looking fish.

If there was a Fishraider of the Month I'd be giving my vote to you Erwin.

Well done, congratulations, and your honesty renews my faith in man kind.

Cheers

Mariner

Ditto. Congrats on the bass Erwin. I hope you enjoy a superb bass season mate, as just reward for returning the tackle to its rightful owner. Onya mate :thumbup:

Hodgey

Congrats on a few lovely fish, :thumbup:

Nothin like paddling a choice stretch of river in the first few hours of light... Hows the serenity!

Gotta love this time of year, nothin like mixing it up with a few Bass, especially after months of climbing the walls during the closed season. I've started gettin into a few myself, and lost a nice fish yesterday morning when it broke the back of my jointed jitterbug.... Grrr. :ranting2:

...And good on you for tracking down, then returning the lures to thier owner, Great to see such honesty :thumbup: .

If only everyone had their moral compass pointing in the right direction,

:1welcomeani: to the site.

Dan

:thumbup::thumbup: Well done Erwin on both the fishing & the returning of the gear! I know how it feels to lose a box of your favourite lures & not get them back! :(:1badmood::mad3: Mine floated down the lake somewhere! I was more annoyed at myself than anything!

Isn't it great getting out to paddle in the quiet of the morning, before the breeze comes up ...... the actual catching of a fish is almost incidental!!

Bodes well for the season to come! :) :)

Roberta

Very nice gesture, but I hope you had the owner describe what lures he had in the tackle box, before you handed it over. I had a similar experience a few years back, when I found a rather $$$ custom rod and sustain reel at a boat ramp on the Parra. Posted it on a couple of boards (Leaving out the rod details) and was amazed 20-30 people had lost a variety of custom made rods with sustain reels attached that very day (Insert sarcasm icon).

Two months later I was having a chat with another fisho at the same ramp and he was showing me a new outfit he had purchased because he had left a previous outfit at the ramp. No prizes for guessing what he had left behind. He didnt frequent the net so never saw the posts, but did get his out fit back any way.