They're Baaaaaack!

arpie

Hi guys

Keith was competing in a club triathlon this morning at the Keys, so I took the yak down for a fish. I managed to find a bit of weed (for future use ...... is it everywhere there just now, but is a very 'weak' variety) & tossed a small 'bubblepop' popper around.

Before I even got into the yak, I tossed a Squidgy bug out on a very light jighead & it got smashed/missed, then hooked up to a small bream! Bodes good for the coming season!

Had lots of takes & chases, then finally landed my first popper bream of the season!

It took a few goes for this guy to hook himself

post-2231-1221981851_thumb.jpg

This time, the fish was all over it! I did the 'do nothing' retrieve, after the first 'blurp' & the bream did the rest :)

post-2231-1221981911_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to get out into the Breck Channel when they are back on again!

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

:yahoo::yahoo: Well done Roberta. Good report and great photos!

It seems like the bream are hitting the surface lures earlier every year I reckon. Water temp down here at the moment is roughly 17 degrees, so they should start firing in the next couple of weeks. :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Gday Roberta

Nice work on the Bream with poppers :thumbup: I finally went to the korean tackle shop .I will send you up the Blackfish tackle box tomorrow :biggrin2:

Cheers Ben

Howdy, first post.

I also live in the Forster area. It was an awesome today. I caught my first legal bream for the spring, well actually ever, down at Elizabeth beach of the rocks.

Got to love spring. :1fishing1:

Roberta actually put me onto this site when I was watching her do her stuff on the Blackfish in Forster with my little fella.

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider Slicendice! Well done on getting your first bream for the season! I'll be heading down the breakwall today till lunchtime, when Keith finishes art! :1prop:

Hey Carl - Keith did well in the tri - being a club event, it was handicapped to give the slower competitors a chance ....... Keith (being the oldest in the club) is still seeded in the 'B' group :1yikes: It goes from A - E & he just did it for 'fun'!! :biggrin2: We just had 2 of the best days ever! 30+ & looks like today will be similar!

Hodgey - this was in a very shallow part of the lake (where I normally can't take the hobie) so guess the water is much warmer.

Ben - ooooh, can't wait! :) Will be on the wall today & toss some cabbage around. It is finally growing back since all the sand that was dumped on them has 'gone' again! :)

Can't wait for the rest of the lake to fire up!

Cheeiro

Roberta

Well done Roberta, no other way is better to catch bream than poppers!

IMO get rid of the clips and tie either a loop knot or if light enough direct to the lure.

You will catch more fish as the lure will sit more nose up tail down in the water with a better action to.

Greg

What great photos Roberta. Surface fishing for anything is just so EXCITING. I always end up exhausted from just spending a day with my heart in my mouth, my adrenalin pumping, and the constant fear/excitement/anticipation/hope of a hit. It's like walking through a mine field waiting for an earth shattering KABOOM.

post-6175-1222149326_thumb.jpg

Great report... I'll have some of that kind of fishing please!!

Cheers, Slinky