Bloody Leatheries

pauljm

Hi all.... went out bottom bashing off sydney today and got nothing but chinaman bloody leatheries and a few undersize reddies.... must have re-rigged about 20 times between the three of us....at one stage the boys actually hooked a couple of the rigs that had previously been bitten off!Did anyone else go out and have the same problem? Wondering if they are up at long reef or the whale or spots like that...keen to put some hours on my boat but not if it means going through that much gear... all in all a good day on the water with great weather and seas but shame about the fishing.... :05:

Hi all.... went out bottom bashing off sydney today and got nothing but chinaman bloody leatheries and a few undersize reddies.... must have re-rigged about 20 times between the three of us....at one stage the boys actually hooked a couple of the rigs that had previously been bitten off!Did anyone else go out and have the same problem? Wondering if they are up at long reef or the whale or spots like that...keen to put some hours on my boat but not if it means going through that much gear... all in all a good day on the water with great weather and seas but shame about the fishing.... :05:

mate I know the feeling..... down south around culburra at the moment its clear of them.....long way to go though for a fish..

fished sat and sunday wrecks off terrigal lots and lots of luvely jackets and a few small reddies, cost more in gear then it was worth,

It's been like that for a the last month:(

I fish Broken Bay.

On the positive side I've got a fridge full of lether jackets now.

I do need some more trace!

We were up there the previous weekend at Long Reef and The Whale.

The jackets were back in form biting off rigs all day. We were able to get a few other species in amongst the carnage but I suspect that when we go out this weekend it will be a similar story!

Went out sunday night in the harbour and had the same problem. Scored some premo bait, squid and livies, was such a shame to get on the perfect drift you were after only to feel your line snip like someone was down there with a pair of scissors :thumbdown:

well you all only have your selfs to blame

i tryed to get every one to bag out on leatherys when they first showed up you know the post do your duty for all raider all in capitals

WELL YOU DID'NT DID YOU :ranting2:

now they have grown and are organised wise to our tactics and in bigger swarms

they will now take some beating but it can be done you just need comitment and a small flatilla off worthy oponents

i'm willing who's with me men lets go forth and meet the enemy head on charrgggggggge :mad3::mad3:

i even amaze myself at how much off a tool i can be some times :074:

i tryed to get every one to bag out on leatherys when they first showed up you know the post do your duty for all raider all in capitals

WELL YOU DID'NT DID YOU

they will now take some beating but it can be done you just need comitment and a small flatilla off worthy oponents

i'm willing who's with me men lets go forth and meet the enemy head on charrgggggggge

i even amaze myself at how much off a tool i can be some times

Good one brickman! :Funny-Post:

Leatherjackets are evil evil EVIL fish!

I'd love to know how many rigs I've lost over the years! :1badmood:

Why not have a “Fishraider leatherjacket day” (or year!) and see if we can wipe them out once and for all! Or, even better, make it a condition of staying a Fishraider that you have to send in the spines of 10 … no, make it 100 jackets every year! :yahoo: How many Raiders are there?

Cheers

Peter

i'm willing who's with me men lets go forth and meet the enemy head on charrgggggggge :mad3::mad3:

Yep

yep i'll be in for the slaughter....forget wire trace....anyone got any dynamite!!!!