Narra Lake

luderick59

the two kids i helped yesterday were down the lake before me one had a new black queen which i told him to buy cost him $22 :1yikes:

well these two kids [brother and sister] ended up with9 good fish at one stage they were both hooked up on good fish [wish i had camera]

to make it even better i caught a 44 cm blackie which took a while to land on 4lb trace

another great day :thumbup:

peter :1fishing1:

post-4997-1222337082_thumb.jpg

post-4997-1222337091_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable, they only just figured how to blackie fish yesteryday...when they came to fish with us O.O. Probably see them down there a bit more now =D (more berly in the water, more fish to catch!!!).

I said i wouldnt go down there...for a while...after yesterdays catch, but, that 44cm fish just makes me want to beat my PB again and again and go down for more (is this the blackfish bug/diease?). Oh well, back to uni work!

Justin :1fishing1:

Unbelievable, they only just figured how to blackie fish yesteryday...when they came to fish with us O.O. Probably see them down there a bit more now =D (more berly in the water, more fish to catch!!!).

I said i wouldnt go down there...for a while...after yesterdays catch, but, that 44cm fish just makes me want to beat my PB again and again and go down for more (is this the blackfish bug/diease?). Oh well, back to uni work!

Justin :1fishing1:

Hi Peter

i would love to try and fish for these black fish that Iv herd so much about,tell me where abouts are you fishing for them in Narra lake from a boat or from the side.

thanks

Wayne

hehehe The Master & his Apprentices!! Brilliant!! Their folks would be happy to have a great feed of fish! Terrific to see the youngsters picking it up so quickly!! They will be telling their grandkids one day about this 'old bloke who showed us how ......'

Yeah - I upgraded to a new Black Queen a few weeks ago (as did Wendy) & I was dudded!! :1prop: It cost $25!!! Wendy got hers a week earlier & it was $35!! :1badmood:

Well done Peter & congratulations on your 44cm Blackie on 4lb line!! :1yikes: He would have taken quite a while to bring in! Don't you just love the big tail slap??

Cheerio

Roberta

You're a champion Peter. Well done! :thumbup:

And the 44cm blackie on 4lb is magnificant too!

Fantastic report

Cheers

Peter

Just as an aside, as I've never been blackfishing, roughly how much done a semi decent blackfishing set-up cost? Rod, line and reel - anything else? (ballpark figure).

You're a champion Peter. Well done! :thumbup:

And the 44cm blackie on 4lb is magnificant too!

Fantastic report

Cheers

Peter

Just as an aside, as I've never been blackfishing, roughly how much done a semi decent blackfishing set-up cost? Rod, line and reel - anything else? (ballpark figure).

Cheap as if you are doing estuary blackfishing.

The only real difference to other forms of fishing is ... the float and split shots. You already know how much the rod costs (read above). Get a reel to match and you are set.

Waders are useful + a keeper net.

thanks for the replies

wayne

i fish from the shore caravan side of lake

peter

you canstart off with a black queen $25 at the moment and a small threadline 6lb mono 2 floats no8 hooks and a box of self opening splitshot plus a landing net with a longish handle [6ft] and keeper net

all up around $150

if you get hooked on blackfishing and want top of the line gear like a wilson rod alvey reel expect to pay around $250

warning!!!!! its addictive

peter :1fishing1:

Thanks for the quick replies Peter and Stylo, and Roberta who sent me a great pm. That was exactly what I wanted to know.

There's no doubt about you blackie fisher-people - you're all so helpful and willing to share your experience, skills and knowledge! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Many thanks

Cheers

Peter