Sydney Harbour Shark Fishing

Bully

Nah sorry mate, not sure myself...

I was under the impression you couldn't shark fish inside Sydney harbour?

May of been taken for a ride though... can anyone clarify?

If this is the case, maybe we should hook up some time :biggrin2:

Cheers

Ben

Why would you not be able to shark fish in the harbour?? Im 99.9% sure that there are no rules against it.... Anyways another good spot iv heard of for bronzies is the south head bommie, never given it a go though... I would recomend wire and circle hooks and plenty of berley.

As said there are spots in the harbour that you will quite often get sharks.

I find the best spot to be around the markers and reef at dobroyd head.

However i would wait until around march, april to specifically target them when the water is at its warmest and you have all the other sub-tropical fish coming in.

Try a circle of worm hook for a good mouth hook up and use a good fleshy bait.

Josh

As said there are spots in the harbour that you will quite often get sharks.

I find the best spot to be around the markers and reef at dobroyd head.

However i would wait until around march, april to specifically target them when the water is at its warmest and you have all the other sub-tropical fish coming in.

Try a circle of worm hook for a good mouth hook up and use a good fleshy bait.

Josh

i'm freezing all the tailor i catch and will use them as bait. in terms of burley.. scraps from the fish markets blended up will work a treat !

Have read everything I can find and there are no guidlines as to the legality of burleying for sharks in the harbour - only exception I understand is that you cannot use mammals for burley.

I guess common sense would prevail to prevent you from "chumming up" within close proximity of swimers!

If in doubt send an email to NSW DPI and ask them.

Good luck

I think it goes without saying as brickman pointed out, you cannot berly, chum, or etc!! Otherwise fish for them were you know they hang, Follow the bait!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Try the salmon schools at north head!

Dan

I second that 'Dan and Greg'. Spin up a sambo then send it out alive with a couple of 12/0's in it at North head or around the point to blue fish.

The whalers will give you some serious schtick on 15kg gear :biggrin2:

Bobfish

Cant really help you with the "sharky" sharks but me and my mates caught a few Large Port jacksons at sow and pigs last week on sunset.

Im sure thats not the sort of shark you are after but i spose it better than catching nothing.........Maybe (I think i would have preferred my livie to stay down their for something else to eat)