Acdc New Album!

Seagoon

Christ that dates me :wacko:

I remember having ACDC play at our school dance (Peakhurst High) at the Hurstville ?? (help me) Civic Centre??? circa 1975.

Bring them on - Rose Tattoo - (Sylvania Hotel), Angels, ACDC - they were the days.

Cheers

I remember having ACDC play at our school dance (Peakhurst High) at the Hurstville ?? (help me) Civic Centre??? circa 1975.

Bring them on - Rose Tattoo - (Sylvania Hotel), Angels, ACDC - they were the days.

Cheers

carl those were the days we had the angles at our dance and even futher back ted mullry gang at our 1st form formal

ice house were the flowers and the best local band was jimmy and the boys do you remember rock arena with fleetwood mac and carlos santarna

i think i just had a mid life crissis :074:

sadly ac dc died for me with bon scott :( gary

Oh yeah, how good was the dirty deeds cover band. That fella's voice was just like Bon's - I saw them with about 3 singers and the first one was the best, but they only did Bon era stuff. You'd close your eyes and you'd swear it was Bon.

I take my hat off to Brian Johnson on this album - the guy is amazing, to have punished his throat for all those 29 years and then to be able to pull this off - its amazing.

And how good are the Tatts!!! Angry Anderson - he is rock n roll royalty as far as Im concerned. My favourite singer too. What a voice.

I didn't know about the vinyl release - but the new CD certianly comes in a few colours!

Christ that dates me

Boy, do you bring back some memories! I am told that I did see ACDC at Hurstville (I think I have a little bit of a of a blurry alcolholic memory?) However, I do remember seeing ACDC at the Bondi Lifesaver. Angus Young playing as he walked along the bar. I also saw Rose Tattoo at Sylvania, Mariner 31. The Angels were great too. The first time I saw them (early seventies?), I think they called themselves the Keystone Angels and played old Rock'n'Roll. Midnight Oil at Maroubra Seals. Radio Birdman at the Funhouse and Paddo Town Hall. Cold Chisel. Flowers (Icehouse). Dragon. Mentals. ... The list goes on.

ice house were the flowers and the best local band was jimmy and the boys do you remember rock arena with fleetwood mac and carlos santarna

I was there too Gary. Top concert.

Amazing to think of all the concerts I used to see. Anyone see the Stones at Randwick Racecourse, or Alice Cooper, Status Quo, the Ramones ... ? I've only been to one concert in the last ten years, Hoodoo Gurus and Radio Birdman last year. There were a lot of "bald heads" and/or grey hair there! :074:

Thanks for re-kindling some great memories guys. :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

And how good are the Tatts!!! Angry Anderson - he is rock n roll royalty as far as Im concerned. My favourite singer too. What a voice.

Yes my word, what raw talent indeed. When I seen Angry at the Sylvania Hotel he didn't have any tattoos then - you couldn't picture him without those signature tattoos now, that's for sure.

Everyone has mentioned some nostalgic bands of that era - don't forget Hush, oh and yeh, I remember seeing Skyhooks at the Hordern Pavillion. :wacko:

Great memories.

Rock on!!

Mariner

Cheers

I'm a Peakhurst High boy but I'm not sure I remember going to a school dance at Hurstville Civic Centre but I do remember something about ACDC at a school dance. I would have been in 3rd form (Year 9) in '75. Who are you?

Baz

I love the new ac/dc album. Its fresh and has some catchy tunes. Its gonna be pretty hard to get tickets when they come out, but that wont stop me from trying.

Speaking of old rock bands, I might go see the Angels with Rose Tattoo at Selinas next Saturday. I havent been there in ages. Should be a top gig.