Bad Luck

landbased

For the last 2 trips I found that I have been taking a lot of water. I re fitted the motor and sikaflexed everything that needed it and thought that was fine, took it out today and still took a huge amount of water.

Went over the hull with a fine tooth comb (again) and found that the person who sold me the boat with the broken engine also fixed a crack with tape and paint lol the paint stripped from the hole probably last time i took it out which is why I got wet :1badmood:

anyway I bought a repair kit today and followed all the instruction properly and fixed it. The repair feels stronger than the rest of the boat lol probs coz I put 2 layers of glass and stuff on it. the question i have therefore is: will i get into trouble if i fire bomb the house that this dodgy bastard who sold me the boat lives in?? :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

p.s wish me luk for tomorrow when i test it

Mate, sorry to hear that your string of bad luck has continued.

Good to see that you managed the repair yourself, definately some achievement there.

Let's hope that all the bad luck is behind you now and you can concentrate on some serious fishing.

Maybe worth a mention to consumer affairs??

Don't know about the suggeted remedy to the previous owner though. :wacko:

Cheers and good luck with the sea trial.

Mariner

carma is a powerfull thing young grasshopper just put it down to experiance

i think many off us have a bad boat story to tell [usuly your first boat]

the good thing about carma is there is no backlash it sorts it's self out and you do'nt have to lift a finger

bad carma will hit you 2 fold good carma is payed back 10 fold

so the moral is he will get payed back 2 fold

i know this sound like crap but i relate it to treat people as you would like people to treat you

there all the planets are alined and there is calm in the world :074:

cherrs gary

lol brickman :)

i work in retail and try to follow the same principles.

I think that the biggest plus in this whole situation is that I am learning about fixing problems myself and not having others do it for me :)

soon I will be able to build one from sticks and glue lol

Edited by landbased

For the last 2 trips I found that I have been taking a lot of water. I re fitted the motor and sikaflexed everything that needed it and thought that was fine, took it out today and still took a huge amount of water.

Went over the hull with a fine tooth comb (again) and found that the person who sold me the boat with the broken engine also fixed a crack with tape and paint lol the paint stripped from the hole probably last time i took it out which is why I got wet :1badmood:

anyway I bought a repair kit today and followed all the instruction properly and fixed it. The repair feels stronger than the rest of the boat lol probs coz I put 2 layers of glass and stuff on it. the question i have therefore is: will i get into trouble if i fire bomb the house that this dodgy bastard who sold me the boat lives in?? :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

p.s wish me luk for tomorrow when i test it

Rememeber before setting out on revenge you must 1st dig two graves! As suggested Karma will be your best friend, what goes around comes around.

YAY 12 hours on the water and f.a in the bilge woot:)

Gave it a hammering today in the georges and then in botany with all that swell and nothing :) maybe 200mls after all that time.

So iit looks like now I will be over all the problems (touch wood ) but now i'm sitting on my chair swaying like im still on the water. btw not many fish out there 5 flatties and a few whiting.

YAY 12 hours on the water and f.a in the bilge woot:)

Gave it a hammering today in the georges and then in botany with all that swell and nothing :) maybe 200mls after all that time.

So iit looks like now I will be over all the problems (touch wood ) but now i'm sitting on my chair swaying like im still on the water. btw not many fish out there 5 flatties and a few whiting.

Gday mate hows going,

Now that you got the hang of glassing i think you should take all that ally plating on the transom off one day and give the whole thing a glassing over and then reinstal the ally plates.

I guess this is the problem when you buy a second hand boat for the first time on your own with no experiance.

You could allways ask a fellow raider to check the boat out if you dont have anyone to ask. It helps heaps.

good to see you are finaly enjoing your boat.

Bugger the hippies and their Karma... :074:

A good old fashioned burning is Karma ain't it :biggrin2:

All jokes aside, it's good to hear you have it sorted. :thumbup:

I reckon the next time you buy a boat you will have half s dozen people with 200 years experience standing in the drive way with ya :biggrin2:

:thumbup:

STUCATZ: I think I may actually go over it in the winter and re glass the transom even thos its now strong as all hell :)

Robbielites: I was scared to ask for help and a bit excited but I have really learnt the hard way, also we should roll up the hippies and smoke them lol

Shaun: yer man the motor is going strong and bloody hell it gets the bugger up and flying I would rekon between 50 - 60 kmph.

Thanks all for the help and give me a pm or something so I can take ya out for a fish :)

cheers

Chris