My Tackle Room

aussie big bob

youve hit a sore spot with me there bob ,i used to have a tackle room

then when my daughter was born i had a tackle corner and cuboard then i had a cuboard then i had two shelfs in the cubpoard then one shelf in that bloody cuboard, now my freinds i am fighting ,kicking and screaming to hang onto the last half shelf in there

and i think im loosing that too

cheers arman

then when my daughter was born i had a tackle corner and cuboard then i had a cuboard then i had two shelfs in the cubpoard then one shelf in that bloody cuboard, now my freinds i am fighting ,kicking and screaming to hang onto the last half shelf in there

cheers arman

Arman

It has been much the same for me. Except i bit he bullet and moved back to daddys. But now i am finding that daddy is starting to have a bit of a winge. He can not under stand that when the weather is no good i go to the tackle shop to get my weekly fix.

And as most of us fishos know there is not many trips to the tackle shop where we walk out empty handed.

cheers

bob

• 2 weeks later...

cheers arman

Hey Arman,

I have plenty of room in my garage if you need a storage spot for you gear...but i cant promise that it wont get used!! ;)

I have it all worked out . My wife :wife: told me that if i bought any more fishing tackle she would divorce me (and yes the thought did briefly cross my mind but too bloody expensive) .

Now I buy her all these lovely pink rods and reels just for her so that we may share more experiences together :wub: (snicker! snicker!)

So if you see a middle aged bloke fishing with a heap of pink rods and reels it's only me (I haven't jumped out of the closet :insane: ) Its the only way I get to buy more fishing tackle.

cheers Bill :

Hi Aussie Big Bob ,

Nice tacle storage i have similar rod racks myself , But i see in your first photo you have a rod rack with only 1 rod on it so you will have to head to the tackle shop and fill her up... Also its always better fishing with a brand spanking rod and catching a top fish...... Top set of downriggers i must say.....

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John...... :beersmile:

Edited by dogtooth

G'day Raiders

Sitting here with not much doing. So have taken pics of some tackle old and new.

Here is the old

post-2934-1225537449_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1225537488_thumb.jpg

And here is the new a pair of all alloy down riggers .

post-2934-1225537159_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1225537175_thumb.jpg

Cheers

bob

Hello Fishos (as you say in OZ),

Do you know how many rods and reels a fisherman needs? One more than he's got. That's the rule for buying more gear.

Edited by Joel3217

Hello Fishos (as you say in OZ),

Do you know how many rods and reels a fisherman needs? One more than he's got. That's the rule for buying more gear.

Hi Joel One of our U.S. visitors asked me why have you got so many fishing rods. I simply said over here you need one rod for each size of fish and he said oh I thought so I should'nt have asked such a dumb question. :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Aussie Big Bob ,

Nice tacle storage i have similar rod racks myself , But i see in your first photo you have a rod rack with only 1 rod on it so you will have to head to the tackle shop and fill her up... Also its always better fishing with a brand spanking rod and catching a top fish...... Top set of downriggers i must say.....

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John...... :beersmile:

Dogtooth

Its nearly full already i will post photos when full.

It wont be long with all this bad weather. As the only thing to do is head for the tackle shop and buy more gear for when the weather gets better.

We as fishos are very lucky because the only real store we want to visit is always open on sundays.

THE TACKLE STORE :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

So with this in mind we all know where i am heading tomorrow.

cheers

bob

Dogtooth

Its nearly full already i will post photos when full.

It wont be long with all this bad weather. As the only thing to do is head for the tackle shop and buy more gear for when the weather gets better.

We as fishos are very lucky because the only real store we want to visit is always open on sundays.

THE TACKLE STORE :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

So with this in mind we all know where i am heading tomorrow.

cheers

bob

was that the only real store or the onlt REEL store? HA HA

• 2 months later...

JESUS CHRIST,

how do you even know/remember what's in there,

I LIKE IT.

I've got some catching up to do, shame there's no overtime at the moment.

Bloody global downturn/meltdown/recession/economic crisis or what ever it is, our customers need to start buying some steel again so I can get some O/T.

Edited by LittleNoah

Raiders

He comes tomorrow :yahoo: ( santa that is ) i got the call from the tackle shop today :yahoo: to say my new tanacom's 500s will be ready for pick up tomorrow. So with i went out and purchased 2019mt of 50lb braid to spool my new babys. I will post the pics a.s.p.

I would like to thank all thow's raiders who have helped me make room for them.

cheers

bob

Mate, i have half a granny flat looking very similar to that, and it KILLS ME! The thought of the thousands of dollars i have spent evolving my fishing habbit to what it is now... And ive narrored it down to 6 rods... That includes a light, medium and heavy plastic outfit, a trolling and tolling/baitcatching outfit and 1 game combo, and 1 beach/rock outfit for that rare occasion.

The other 10 outfits can GO. i dont wanna see them anymore!

Not a cheap hobby is it?... Worth every bloody cent, love it to death, but not cheap at all!

Musty

I myslef have done that on many accasion ( wonder why i need so many ) but it's hard to visit a tackle shop and come out with nothing.

I have tried to let some of it go but it is very hard and i do believe it is a sickness. It is a expensive habit

( sports ) but what else is there.

It's that bad that i have 12 tigra but at the most can only troll with 5, even knowing this i still find it hard to get rid of some but hopefully there will be a day when i do.

I truely think that my sickness has stemed from being a 2 x devorcee. So if i look at the seven figure sum i gave away there, my fishing tackle habit in the high five's is still cheap.

Well that is my justification, But i am a sick sick person

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob

Hi AussieBigBob, I don't know about all these Tiagras, electric torture racks and on water filetting devices of yours, but I was hoping you would hang onto a couple of TLD 50's for Captain Cook Bridge and just keep the block and tackle for the whiting part of the session.

Thanks mate

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: