Fat Flatty

Dusky_Chaser

I cant even imagine how big that looks like in real life, I think Im gonna freak out when/if I get one that size! I reckon it was flathead that got me into fishing, theyre such an intriguing fish. When I was a kid I used to just sit there and study them for the whole boat trip home.

Good work mate and nice photo too.

Great effort , did that one fight much?

or did it just sit on the bottom, the reason i ask is cause the bigger ones i have caught just sit there after a run.

Good job on the release, any fish that big and that old should be released.

Edited by RPL

Posted this pic in the wanted 1 meter flathead post but heres another shot of her. Well I cant stop looking at it anyway.

6.6kg of fatty boombada

Knees are still knocking.

66DC.jpg

66BM.jpg

Great fish Dusky Chaser

Actually got one the same last night (photos/vid coming). Thought it was a Port Jackson shark. Did not put up a fight at all. Just wanted to use its weight. The photos dont really do them justice though do they. My one was so thick and heavy. Been catching flatties for a long time but never seen one that big in a shop let alone in a river.

Well done and like you good to see it swim off....

Am I missing something??

Nowhere in the post does it say that the fish was released.

Possibly it was, I guess we would like to think so.

Cheers

Thanks for that Tiger Cam, I stand corrected.

Edited by Mariner 31

I cant even imagine how big that looks like in real life, I think Im gonna freak out when/if I get one that size! I reckon it was flathead that got me into fishing, theyre such an intriguing fish. When I was a kid I used to just sit there and study them for the whole boat trip home.

Good work mate and nice photo too.

i agree theres just something about them that makes you want to catch more and more of em there by far my favorite to catch not realy sure why but they got me into fishing also ... first fish i eva caught bigger than my dads and other peoples as well that was a good say

nice fish! that kind of looks like Middle Harbour, am i right?

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

negative - i reckon it looks just like the first bend as you leave the ramp at berowra waters!! :1fishing1:

top fish no matter where it is!!

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Was it caught on bait or lure? And do they go hard at that size?

Caught on lure.

I have caught 5kg plus that have come up like a sack of spuds and others that have gone really well.Usually its the ones caught in shallower water that go well I have found but this one tuffed it out like the best of them and was caught in about 9 meters. Go figure