Middle Harbour Jewie

zen801

G'day,

Went out with Riceball today to target jewies on the low tide.

First off we went and got some squid and yakkas. Squid were a bit slow but riceball saved the day and scored a couple.

Was a bit windy at times but at least it was bearable.

Long story short but we pulled in yakkas all day, with massive bait balls almost non stop.

Hit the jewie spot and got ready for the low tide. Put out a recently passed away squid on a two hook rig and did my set and forget about 1m from the bottom.

Went back to yakka collection duty for 15mins until zzzzzzzzzzz.

Short and sweet fight and boated my first jewie for this season.

Scored a good range off fish today, yakkas, jewie, flatties, squid and a lone flounder.

Looking good ATM.

post-2060-1227255637_thumb.jpg

Good day all round. Onya Louis mate - cheers.

post-2060-1227483618_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

Nice job guys!

Better than my day in the office ( fished at fairlight, and Narrabeen Lake with Luderick 59 ) and all I got were 2 small Blackies, and Pete got a few but nothing to write about.

Nice to see you guys having a productive day.

Thanks for the report and photo!

Well done on the jewfish and the bi catch Zenman. :thumbup: Today was the big chance given the temperature rise ahead of a low front. Tomorrow will be another good day to be out there when the northerly gusts up before the southerly front comes in on Sunday which will more than likely have cold winds behind it.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: .

Well done on the jewfish and the bi catch Zenman. :thumbup: Today was the big chance given the temperature rise ahead of a low front. Tomorrow will be another good day to be out there when the northerly gusts up before the southerly front comes in on Sunday which will more than likely have cold winds behind it.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: .

Mate gotta totally agree with you.

The 10am tide had jewie written all over it. This type of tide cycle, weather conditions etc is perfect for jews.

Catching them during the daytime is awesome.

Got a sore finger though as when i went to get my hooks out he was still a bit green and did a headshake and bingo i copped a hook. Jewie gods extracted a few CC's of blood. Luckily the hook didnt set.

Small price to pay and nothing a few :beersmile: didnt fix.

well done zenman,

nice fish to break the drpught with.

what did it weigh? it looks about 8 or 9 lb in the photo.

congrats.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

I dont usually weigh them only measure.

Fat healthy 70cm at maybe 7lb.

This winter at my spots they dropped off unlike last year.

They finally have moved back in the area - thank god!!!

Really gotta target the bigger ones. I seem to have no trouble getting them in the range of 60 - 95cm but the bigger ones over 10kgs elude me.

At the end of last season i hooked and lost after a brief fight a very big mulloway. He got me on a mooring.

I should have just locked up my drag and tried to stop the blistering first run. He was just too big in a tight spot.

Cheers.

Well done Michael. You certainly do persist with that spot don't you. Nice shot... A Modern Fishing Magazine photographer could not make a Soapie look as good in a photo. There is structure close to spot P that holds resident Mulloway (10 - 15kg's). I saw them there when I was diving last week. They move around on the slack tide - you hooked one of these fish last season.

Edited by plankton

Well done Michael. You certainly do persist with that spot don't you. Nice shot... A Modern Fishing Magazine photographer could not make a Soapie look as good in a photo. There is structure close to spot P that holds resident Mulloway (10 - 15kg's). I saw them there when I was diving last week. They move around on the slack tide - you hooked one of these fish last season.

Hi mate,

Cheers man, sent ya a PM.

Mike