Christmas Holidays

Hodgey

December has arrived, which means a lot of raiders will be organising fishing trips during the holiday period. For some, it is their first real opportunity for a looong time :yahoo:

I am lucky enough to score a month off, and Hodgey Senior has booked himself in for a 2 week visit to chase flatties on plastics, and bream/flatties/whiting on surface lures :biggrin2: A couple of Raiders have also booked into Tuross during the holidays, including one member whose accomodation is basically over my back fence :074:

So .... where are YOU fishing over the Christmas holidays?

Hodgey

So .... where are YOU fishing over the Christmas holidays?

Crookhaven heads. For a month (woohoo!). Will hopefully hit the river, the bite, the banks, and Jervis Bay.

looking forward to it. And hoping for my first 1m+ Kingie (same hope as last year - though it didn't eventuate)

Mike

I'm going up to South West Rocks early January for a week. A mate is taking his boat up so I'm hoping to get outside for a couple of trips with him. Last year I fished off the beach for some nice whiting and bream (pic below), but I'd love to get a big kingy or cobia outside if the weather and bar is okay. (I wont cross the bar unless it's very calm) We've only managed a couple of just legal kings at Fish Rock in the last two years. Weather was shocking most days so outside trips were few and short.

We'd like to try a few reefs this time, so if anyone has some marks or good locations to try, it would be appreciated.

post-4381-1228180319_thumb.jpg

Results of a great early morning beach session at SWR last January

Cheers

Peter

Camping at the Basin on the Pittwater from 20/12 till 10/1. Methinks the boat will get a pretty good workout since we didn't go last year due to new job etc.

Can't wait.

BTW, any Raiders who are in the area are welcome to visit. Tuffy will be moored near the jetty unless I'm out on her. Just cruise the camp ground looking for the owner of the red boat.

Cheers, Russ.

Lake Conjola Christmas to New Year - back to work for a week - then Nambucca Heads for two weeks with Coyote and a cast of thousands.....look out breambo's, flats, whiting, bass and the odd Oogly should we venture outside....

Limited time being basically between states but for one week I'll be at my new place. To get the most out of my short opportunities I'll stick to what I know and probably fish the broadwater... holiday boat traffic & all. If I get adventurous though I might go and check out Hinze Dam and give all these lovely new bass toys a run :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

Hey Hodgey

I am taking the family and the new boat (arrives monday 8th) on a three week camping holiday... can't wait! start the adventure on Saturday 20th head to Batemans Bay, then on to the Mornington Penisula (sorry i am a mexican) for family xmas. then we hit the road back up the coast road to Lakes Entrence for a few days then on to Eden....can't wait very excited.

pat

Heading down to Bermagui to camp for the first time in ages from boxing day to early new year. Really looking forward to it, taking our young bloke (he's 19 months old) and just loves being outside so he should have a great time.

Haven't had a chance to fish at all since I started my new job 3-4 months ago and have never fished in Bermagui so I plan on spending the entire week just throwing in a line and relaxing. The river down there looks like a great spot to score some estuary fish and I'll be spending my time chasing a feed and exploring. Can't wait to be honest.

Hope everyone has a great break.

Hi Hodgey

Have fun in the sun & enjoy the break!

The week before Xmas we'll be in Canberra for Keith to compete in a triathlon there, so my buddy Kim & I will shoot thru to the Snowy Mountains to fish Jindy! :) :)

Then, back home to my own back yard! :thumbup::yahoo:

Cheerio

Roberta

G'day all , I am off to visit my :wife: Family in Brazil next week for a long 7 weeks :074: . My father in law

is a crazy :1fishing1: man and i am sure i will be wetting a line or two over some cold :beersmile: . I

Wish you all luck and l a Merry Christmas. Many thanks for the tips and great stories that i have read in the

past year and i look forward to many more next year.

Tchau Ate logo (in portugese )

Bye see you soon !!!!

:yahoo::thumbup:

SWR for me again. 26th to the 3rd for me this year with the girls.

Not as long as i wished So the Boat isn,t going for the trip up this year.

So i will be boat less :thumbdown: .

Do any Raiders heading up over this time have a spare seat.

cheers Johnno

seeing as im only 100 metres from the boatramp onto the awesome lake macquarie ill be out there throwing plastics and :beersmile: a real real lot!!! i mite even break it up a bit by throwing sum rock fishing in the equation, still waiting on me new boat hopefully not to much longer.