What's This Fish?

hawksburydave

Question

9 answers to this question

Zebrafish

Girella zebra (Richardson, 1846)

post-7255-1229918298_thumb.jpg

This fish has a long based dorsal fin and a large forked caudal fin. It has a small mouth. The maxillae of the upper jaw are concealed behind the preorbital bones. The jaws have a distinct outer row of flattened tricuspid teeth behind which is a band of smaller teeth.

This species grows to 51 cm in length.

It is a schooling species that is usually found on rocky reefs in shallow coastal waters down to 20 m in depth. It is sometimes seen in protected offshore waters and estuaries.

The Zebrafish is endemic to Australia. It is known from northern New South Wales, around the south of the country, including north-eastern Tasmania, to the central coast of Western Australia.

Edited by Mariner 31

Zebrafish

Girella zebra (Richardson, 1846)

post-7255-1229918298_thumb.jpg

This fish has a long based dorsal fin and a large forked caudal fin. It has a small mouth. The maxillae of the upper jaw are concealed behind the preorbital bones. The jaws have a distinct outer row of flattened tricuspid teeth behind which is a band of smaller teeth.

This species grows to 51 cm in length.

It is a schooling species that is usually found on rocky reefs in shallow coastal waters down to 20 m in depth. It is sometimes seen in protected offshore waters and estuaries.

The Zebrafish is endemic to Australia. It is known from northern New South Wales, around the south of the country, including north-eastern Tasmania, to the central coast of Western Australia.

i dunno? look at the tail its different

Haha.

the bad face was a joke between me and my younger sibling & step sibling to represent my disappointment with the day's fishing results.

The whole day was shocking weather, sunny then storming.

Inbetween the boats tied up there are many mullet, tidlers, bream and other interesting fish

Under the forster - tuncurry bridge there are some good bites, my uncle says inbetween two islands next to the bridge near the prawning or oyster place there are good flatties. Some in his logbook were quite large

On the way to iga or bi lo i can't remember which one it is, we drove past a guy with a really big fight on his hands, but were stuck in traffic and couldn't stop and have a gander.

can't wait to return there hopefully with a boat and land some flatties (hopefully)