Best Land Based Places ? South Sydney...

Shrek

Hi All,

just found this site yesterday... :1fishing1:

wondering where you think the best land based spots are, preferably southern sydney ? like cronulla area ?

we've gone to como bridge a coupla times and mostly bream that are way too small....

tried bundeena on the weekend..and that was waste of a drive...not even a bite

is woronora or grays point any good ?

help us out please ?

ta

Andrew

I take it you are limited to Public Transport or can you get a ride?

try the Gunamatta Bay sand flats on a rising tide for bream whiting and flatties, my favourite thing to was start very early morning around the entrance to the Georges River and work my way to the entrance of Cooks spinning SP's and hard bodies or try the Groynes at kurnell all accessible by PT. As i don't drive a lot of my catches were done ferry hopping in the Harbour check some of my posts at just how accessible fishing by push bike or public transport is.

Cheers

I take it you are limited to Public Transport or can you get a ride?

try the Gunamatta Bay sand flats on a rising tide for bream whiting and flatties, my favourite thing to was start very early morning around the entrance to the Georges River and work my way to the entrance of Cooks spinning SP's and hard bodies or try the Groynes at kurnell all accessible by PT. As i don't drive a lot of my catches were done ferry hopping in the Harbour check some of my posts at just how accessible fishing by push bike or public transport is.

Cheers

thanks dude, we have cars, however no boat....hence the mention of land based places...

yer ive been thinking of trying around dharuk park area to see what would happen...

hey shrek you mentioned bundeena was a waste off time[not even a bight]

bundeena is the nipper pumping hot spot in sydney i live on the north side and go there to get live nippers

so do'nt write bundeena off just go there to get live bait,i never fish the area but if you have live nippers i'm shore you catch will improve

you need a yabby pump and a good bucket and a battery powered airater

a little trick if there not biting is pull 1 nipper up the line put a second nipper on the hook pull the one up the line back down to the hook and dip the lot in tuna oil and cast straight out, messy but the big blue nose bream love it

cherrs gary

anywhere in the hacking for squid and maianbar for whiting flathead and bream

Georges river for bream especially como every time i go for a picnic there i fish for about 30min - 1 hour and usually catch a few bream with some big ones and a beut flattie last time i went on a hook with no bait and a red bead using it like a lure since i felt a hit supposedly a tailor and ran out off bait so 3 casts and a 54cm flattie about 3 weeks ago

Cheers A.dawg~~~

Shrek,

been busy chasing NZ browns and bows' but here's a couple other spots Douglas Flats round to the Sailing club numerous flats and drop offs, try the old hot water channel from the old bunnerong power house on a king tide, it's located near the bus depot you can jump a bus there or drive, Yarra Bay is gold or you can try the container spur wall facing back into the bay, theres also Bare Island bridge for squid and monster blackies at times specially in a big southerly.

That channel in bunnerong hold some of the biggest bream you'll need a light line but and a long landing net, fish it with a making tide about an hour or two to go and coinciding with first light or dusk saying that it does fire in the middle of the day.

PM me if you need details further to this

Cheers

LA :beersmile:

Hey Shrek,

Where abouts in Bundeena did you try??

I fish Bundeena wharf on a regular basis and rarely go home empty handed. I've caught/or seen get caught flatheads 70cm+, snapper 70cm+, jewfish, tailor, salmon, bream, and many squid.

Feel free to PM me and I can give you some more details on what works well (i.e. bait etc) if you want.

Nik