Awkward Moment

clem

Went to curl curl today to have a go off the rocks and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of fisho's already there at 6.30am.Sat and watched what was going on to learn as well and the action soon took off.

Next to me were 2 police officers also enjoying the action and as the undersized kingies were being pulled in we ended up making some comments and I asked them who actually is responsible for policing this and there response was the fisheries but they could also check limits and licenses but they have enough on there plate as it is too much extra work for them.Not expecting this response I found myself in an awkward situation as 1 of them said to me that they do not even have a licence and they do not see the need to have one as he pays taxes and feels that he has the right to fish the coasts for free.

Well that was that and I left a bit cofused and annoyed.Took out my mobile to make a call to a fellow raider to ask for the fisheries number only to realize I had my wifes mobile which did not have any nunbers.

Chose not to do anything but in hindsight I guess I should have.Feeling a bit crappy but hey, we live with our decisions in life and I have to.

Cheers Clem

Clem,

I dont believe that it is the role of the ordinary fisho to police fish licencing. Yes i do agree with reporting the taking of undersize fish but leave the enforcemnt of the licence to the appropriate people as it is really just the collecting of another tax.

Balmain Bob

I dont believe that it is the role of the ordinary fisho to police fish licencing.

Totally agree.

I would think that the Badge the officer has in his pocket would constitute a licence in my opinion.

Different story if they were keeping undersize fish.

The Police put it all on the line for you and I to live in relative safety.

If you called them for assistance, I don't think you would be too concerned whether they had been fishing with or without a licence.

Give them a fair go.

That's my personal opinion only.

I agree with the cop, I don't believe we should have to pay a licence either, but we do.

I totally disagree that because "he's got that badge in his pocket" he shouldn't have to pay, they're no different to any of the rest of us.

My opinion anyway.

Clem,

I dont believe that it is the role of the ordinary fisho to police fish licencing. Yes i do agree with reporting the taking of undersize fish but leave the enforcemnt of the licence to the appropriate people as it is really just the collecting of another tax.

Balmain Bob

I don't think he was annoyed at the fact that the police officer hadn't a fishing license, but the fact that even the police officers themselves noticed the taking of undersized King fish and chose not to act.

I agree that police shouldn't have the responsibility to check whether a fisho has a license or not as they may or may not have enough to police as it is, but if they have noticed undersized fish being kept then they're obligated to act as it is their job.

I disagree in the need for recreational fishing licenses, it's all a BS scheme for more profit. But that's my

opinion.

No matter how small the crime it's still a crime.

Rob.

Edited by Mattofoz