Surface Flatties?

kiro

Question

Hey guys...

Just thought i'd share... My mate showed me this pic on his phone he had taken in darling harbour. He said there were heaps of nice sized flatties on the surface, just swimming around casually.. is this normal?? are they even flatties in that picture??

never seen or heard of this before...

He took the picture in darling harbour on that wharf next to the floating boat restaurant.

Cheers raiders

Kiro

post-7494-1233542487_thumb.jpg

19 answers to this question

Hey guys...

Just thought i'd share... My mate showed me this pic on his phone he had taken in darling harbour. He said there were heaps of nice sized flatties on the surface, just swimming around casually.. is this normal?? are they even flatties in that picture??

never seen or heard of this before...

He took the picture in darling harbour on that wharf next to the floating boat restaurant.

Cheers raiders

Kiro

Na mate - not surface flatties - im sure someone will know what they are though.

Mullet for mine.

As an aside my old man takes a mate of his out fishing from time to time. Following a car accident this bloke has been left both physically and mentally incapacitated.

Aside from being blind(ish) he struggles a little bit with co-ordination.

One time on the Shoalhaven he told Dad that he wanted to cast his own rod out. First cast slammed into the water about two feet from the boat. Second cast about the same. Third cast went a bit further but still just slammed into the drink.

When he started to wind in said I've got a fish to which my old man said "bull%$#@"

He then wound in a nice flathead. This was in about 6-7m of water so the theory is that the first cast woke him up. The second cast upset him and came to the surface where he was caught with the third cast.

I'm not sure this practice would work all the time though.

Dave