Quick Flick

slicendice

Went for a quick flick with plastics and 3yo in tow.

I have not had much luck lately with all the holiday boats.

post-8362-1233709693_thumb.jpg

post-8362-1233709706_thumb.jpg

Have not been able to fish this spot for a while because of the NE winds, but this morning was good.

First cast landed an undersized flattie. Moved along the bank and then wammo landed this beauty.

post-8362-1233709730_thumb.jpg

Measured 50cm(measured at home), a PB for me and caught on 4lb fireline with 8lb fluro leader and a 65mm squidgy fish(silver fox). :1prop:

post-8362-1233709744_thumb.jpg

Fished for another ten min then changed lures to an Atomic Guzzler prong in the pearly looking colour. Landed to more undersized flatties.

I then started to fish over the weed beds in the really shallow water a nd this fella smashed the prong and broke the surface waterpost-8362-1233709767_thumb.jpg

Very exciting stuff. I didn't have my ruler with me at the lake...I always forget that but my guesstimate would be about 26cm. He got to swim another day because I don't trust my guesstimates too much.

Anyway by this stage the little fella had enough and we headed home.

Not a bad little 90 minute session.

Top report there Slicendice :thumbup: Great photos too.

I admire anyone who can fish plastics with a 3yo in tow. Remember, it'll only be a couple of years and he'll be casting with you.

That flattie is a beauty and perfect eating size. Did it put up much of a fight?

You did well for just 90 minutes.

Cheers

Peter

Top report there Slicendice :thumbup: Great photos too.

I admire anyone who can fish plastics with a 3yo in tow. Remember, it'll only be a couple of years and he'll be casting with you.

That flattie is a beauty and perfect eating size. Did it put up much of a fight?

You did well for just 90 minutes.

Cheers

Peter

Yeah about three massive head shakes right at the edge of the water, I thought i was going to loose it.

My secret with the 3yo is to pack a treat bag....haha he'll follow me anywhere then until they run out :thumbdown:

Top session there, S&D!! Looks like it'd be good blackie water too! Very fishy looking water. :)

That is one very nice flattie (what is it about Silver Fox that I like so much??) Well done too on your bream on sp too! :)

Cheerio

Roberta