How Hot Is It?

mrsswordfisherman

Best day to be at work me thinks!

Beautiful airconditioning inside and heaps of crazy people looking for cooling products! :biggrin2:

Yes Greg thank god we upgraded the air con a few months ago or we would be at the shop too :biggrin2:

It is the first time we have received health dept directives on keeping patients and residents comfortable and safe due to the extreme conditions.

The picture showing the temp which looks like it's in a car dash, (sorry I coudn't copy it) if so, they are far from accurate.

The sensor which indicates the temp is behind a pannel somewhere or in the engine bay , so there is a lot of heat build up that effects the temp reading. It's not out in the air with no other heat effecting it. Have to knock about 5 degrees off that.

But yeah, it was hot today, but I don't think it was any hotter than the usual hot summer days.

Not looking forward to tomorrow but, ment to be an absolute stinker!

Edited by LittleNoah

The picture showing the temp which looks like it's in a car dash, (sorry I coudn't copy it) if so, they are far from accurate.

The sensor which indicates the temp is behind a pannel somewhere or in the engine bay , so there is a lot of heat build up that effects the temp reading. It's not out in the air with no other heat effecting it. Have to knock about 5 degrees off that.

But yeah, it was hot today, but I don't think it was any hotter than the usual hot summer days.

Not looking forward to tomorrow but, ment to be an absolute stinker!

Not quite sure where you have been hiding lately Little Noah but we are in the middle of a heatwave as my pics indicate and the BOM validates.

heatwave article

Sydneysiders are being warned to brace for a record heatwave this weekend, with New South Wales to become the hottest place on the planet on Sunday

This is certainly NOT a usual summers day :wacko:

We have no ceiling fans or A/C, but, like Roberta, we have a sea breeze blowing through the house.

Top temp in the house yesterday was 28, and its hovering around 26 today. No complaints from us!

The beer is a lot cooler than that though :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

A seabreeze would be great. Lucky buggers who live near the coast. The temps in one of our bedrooms yesterday was 34 degrees. We have aircon in the lounge, but on these hot days I don't think it copes too well.

Even more reason to head up north to this area Glen,nice on the river and at beach yesterday arvo for a swim :1prop:

Not quite sure where you have been hiding lately Little Noah but we are in the middle of a heatwave as my pics indicate and the BOM validates.

heatwave article

Sydneysiders are being warned to brace for a record heatwave this weekend, with New South Wales to become the hottest place on the planet on Sunday

This is certainly NOT a usual summers day :wacko:

Yeah I seen on the front page of Friday's Telegraph it's ment to be 47 in western NSW today, yeah the hottest place on the planet.

I havn't been hiding but maybe because I live on the coast close to the water I'm getting that seabreeze a few people have mentioned here. That's probably why it was hot, but not that hot where I am.

Like I said, I didn't think yesterday was anything special in terms of heat, today is ment to be the scorcher

The heat is the same up this way at Bathurst.. What makes it worse is there has been no breeze or wind at all..and forme at work........WELL come and join me for a days work................ :ranting2:

i work for a water tank company making poly tanks.. to make these we have to cook the plastic in huge ovens, which cook at over 300 degrees. This makes the shed between 75"C on a good day and 95"C on a bad day like last Friday.. :wacko:

but best fo luck and good wishes to you all and take care :beersmile:

Even more reason to head up north to this area Glen,nice on the river and at beach yesterday arvo for a swim :1prop:

Would love to be up there right now. we found a rental courtesy of a good friend Roberta, just waiting for the real estate to get back to us. I would live on the river and the beach. No need to aircon.

Look on the bright side...

How good does a cold beer go down, Its the perfect excuse to sit around with a few mates, have a BBQ and more than a few brews :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

My Husky is doin it a bit tough though. I'm tempted to get the clippers on her but the sun would probly cook the poor bitch.

...Time to fire up the Barby

Would love to be up there right now. we found a rental courtesy of a good friend Roberta, just waiting for the real estate to get back to us. I would live on the river and the beach. No need to aircon.

Are you looking at Forster? when do you think you will be up this way?

It hasn't been as bad up here. We've had 32-34 C pretty much everyday since Xmas.

Not too bad as I said but it gets VERY hot when your working outside building pools. The sun really bites.

Your visitors must be cooking Donna!

Hope it cools down soon.

Cheers,

Grant.