Blood Worms And Beach Worms

shakeel

Hello raiders!

As the topic says,

What are these blood worms, where can i get them (free that is) and also - what good can they do in fishing?

i know you can buy beach worms and OBVIOUSLY they come from the beach! loL

thanks

Good question, I know where to dig them up, though here is the problem, our little greedy green people have problems with you diggin in the mud, where any normal person would not tread, walk or swim in this area, plus to quote the fines involved because the locals love to dob, my Pops dad was busted for such an offence in the late 60"s, and the judge never heard of somthing so stupid digging worms where nobody would dear to tread in that mud, mate do your self the favour and be dumb like the rest of and pay up to two dollars per worm which come from QLD it all make good sence, ha.

I loved whiting as a kid !!!!

i'm no shore wheather this is leagal or not

but a can off snappy tom with small holes punched in it [say 20 holes] and bury about a foot deep and left for 24 hours

the blood worm enter the holes and eat so much cat food they can't get out becase there to fat

digging blood worms does stuff up the banks and causes errosion and digging in riben wead really stuffs the area

i used to use this method many years ago

cherrs gary

i'm no shore wheather this is leagal or not

but a can off snappy tom with small holes punched in it [say 20 holes] and bury about a foot deep and left for 24 hours

the blood worm enter the holes and eat so much cat food they can't get out becase there to fat

digging blood worms does stuff up the banks and causes errosion and digging in riben wead really stuffs the area

i used to use this method many years ago

cherrs gary

hi gary ,

that sounds like a very good alternative to digging. I was unaware that bloodworms could be found in NSW i have always thought they were more tropical and came from QLD.

Where can you get them?? I know some good spots for squirt worms with a yabbie pump but have never come across bloodworms. Do the bloodworms live in thicker mud than the squirt worms?

thanks Pete.

me and my dad do a lot of beach fishing along 7 mile beach at Shoalhaven heads and for years now we have been using blood worms mainly for catching whiting, but have also hooked plenty of other species such as bream and jewies. compared to beach worms they work just as well if not better especially when it comes to keeping it on the hook as they arent as soft as a beach worm. My old man once used the one piece of bait to catch 4 whiting in succession and couldnt go for a 5th as the 4th swallowed the hook

Good question, I know where to dig them up, though here is the problem, our little greedy green people have problems with you diggin in the mud, where any normal person would not tread, walk or swim in this area, plus to quote the fines involved because the locals love to dob, my Pops dad was busted for such an offence in the late 60"s, and the judge never heard of somthing so stupid digging worms where nobody would dear to tread in that mud, mate do your self the favour and be dumb like the rest of and pay up to two dollars per worm which come from QLD it all make good sence, ha.

I loved whiting as a kid !!!!

a somber, nostalgic view of what i really thought but okay!

whatever floats your boat!

$2 for one blood worm, they can't be the same ones I buy from Tom Ugly's. They must be one huge worm for $2

I usually get around 10 or so, worth 2 or 3 whiting baits each, for around $8 - seems the norm.

Now, is there something on the forum re digging these little critters in Botany Bay ( legally ) - half the fun, is in getting the bait. Methods to use, how, when, type of environment, likely locations, etc.

Ever go to Brissie, I can give you a couple of nice spots for Bream, and another for Yabbies

Cheers

DOC

Edited by DOCCORTEX

Hello raiders!

As the topic says,

What are these blood worms, where can i get them (free that is) and also - what good can they do in fishing?

i know you can buy beach worms and OBVIOUSLY they come from the beach! loL

thanks

Beachworms come from the beach

Blood worms come from your blood :074:

• 7 years later...

I never used a stink bag, I only use a hand bait (frozen pilly, prawn, pipi) and wave it in the water to attract the worms. I would walk along the beach doing that until I see worm heads reaching out. That works for me.

--

Huy

Edited by gonefishinginoz
  • Like 1

Hi mate.I use to get them in the georges river with a yabbie pump around mangroves you need to find mud were you sink in it with weed on it just pump in to the mud like you would for a yabbie but don't look for holes just pump at low tide. Its a lot of hard work.It may take you one spot or it may take you ten to find them but when you do its worth it.From taren point side of captain cook bridge to far end of kurnell you can not dig for bait with a spade or fork but the rest of the river and bay you can. You can catch up to 1 litre of them.Good luck hope this helps you mate.