Middle Harbour

zen801

Hi raiders,

I went out this morning for a shot at a low tide jewie at my usual spot.

Tide was good as was the pressure. Other weather conditions were bad (rain, wind) as was the moon cycle for jews.

The usual spot was pretty dead so i moved over to another spot and i was "on" straight away.

Pillies and yakkas were sporadically busting up around the boat.

The kings were just loving the pillies but would mainly take it from one of my three rods which was obviously the lightest setup. Got one king on 60lb braid, double hook with a fresh butterflied yakka. (poor king didnt stand a chance - Hehe)

It was hectic with the bite coming about every 15minutes.

All up boated a couple of kings - all released as just bloody under sized, a big tailor and a bonito.

Tailor kept for future beach jew bait and bonito for the kids cats. Gotta bring something home for the cats or they get dirty on me. Mate i got 2 daughters, wife, dog (bitch) and two female cats. I am heavily outnumbered. :1prop:

Also released a nice flounder and a legal snapper.

A fairy penguin spent the better part of the morning feeding around my boat.

Had a few pretty good bust offs from bigger kings on the light gear but due to rain and dodgy outboard decided to leave with the bite still on fire.

Cheers

post-2060-1234485072_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

Hi raiders,

I went out this morning for a shot at a low tide jewie at my usual spot.

Tide was good as was the pressure. Other weather conditions bad as was moon cycle for jews.

The usual spot was pretty dead so i moved over to another spot and i was on straight away.

The kings were just loving the pillies but would only take it from one of my three rods which was obviously the lightest setup.

It was hectic with the bite coming about every 15minutes.

All up boated a cpouple of kings - all released as just bloody under sized, a big tailor and a bonito.

Also released a nize flounder and a legal snapper.

A fairy penguin spent the better part of the morning feeding around my boat.

Had a few pretty good bust offs from bigger kings on the light gear but due to rain and dodgy outboard decided to leave with the bite still on fire.

Cheers

Awesome dude, well done, great too see Bonnys in the harbour always a good sign. Waiting to get my boat back next week then I'll be out chasing them too. Thats a funny colour isn't it or is it just me?? I've only ever seen them bright blue, nice looking fish either way.

Top job.

Cheers Tobe

Top report shame about the jews

That bonito feed out live would have made an awesome bait . . . Any huge kingfish would have inhaled it for Breakfast :thumbup:

Cheers Dogtooth.. :1fishing1: John... :beersmile:

Yeah i actually thought of that as i have a set up with 60lb braid ready for a big king.

Got the bonnie last and was just too wet and tired so didnt bother.

Next time.

Yeah ,nice Bonnie.

Noticed that the water coming into the Harbour on the run in was blue & cold yesterday (about 18 ).

But the water in the upper reaches of the Middle & Main Harbour was dirty but nice & warm and that the Pelagics were working in these areas,and that the Bream & Blackfish were enjoying the cold water and feeding freely.

Edited by StarCitySlic

Was that you retreating back home at slow speed, umbrella aloft

Wrinks

No that was someone else, he fished Seaforth for awhile.

I was going slow back home in a white tinnie with a blue stripe.

Could hardly see anything due to rain pounding into my face.

Cheers