Early Morning Session

brickman

just a little more info i fished from dead low tide and berlyed hard[alas the sharks]we were using frozen mullet and salmon for bait it was blowing 15 to 20 kn south easter and raining off and on

i always fish this spot for flattys in 10 meters off water

i even rigged a full mullet with a meter trace and was bitten off above the trace :1yikes:

this is the best catch numbers wise i have had at this spot [not very often i get a catch like this simmo]

the 3 times i got sharked were bigger flattys and i never saw the shark

smallest flatty was 35cm

every time i got sharked it only put the fish off the bite for 10 minutes

all the fish had bugger all in there gut

it's not hard to work out were i was fishing but if you would like to know just send me a pm

all fish were cooked on the bbq by daughters boy friend in ally f,with garlic and soy and hunny and chilly

they were great the lad can certanly cook

cherrs gary

That really is a fantastic catch, well done. Sounds like you had an interesting morning to say the least, and now they're taking Flatties too huh, makes you wonder if they'll start taking yellowtail or squid jigs next..lol. I'll send you a pm, looking to get out in the harbour next week hopefully (if I get my boat back).

Cheers, Tobe

just a little more info i fished from dead low tide and berlyed hard[alas the sharks]we were using frozen mullet and salmon for bait it was blowing 15 to 20 kn south easter and raining off and on

i always fish this spot for flattys in 10 meters off water

i even rigged a full mullet with a meter trace and was bitten off above the trace :1yikes:

this is the best catch numbers wise i have had at this spot [not very often i get a catch like this simmo]

the 3 times i got sharked were bigger flattys and i never saw the shark

smallest flatty was 35cm

every time i got sharked it only put the fish off the bite for 10 minutes

all the fish had bugger all in there gut

it's not hard to work out were i was fishing but if you would like to know just send me a pm

all fish were cooked on the bbq by daughters boy friend in ally f,with garlic and soy and hunny and chilly

they were great the lad can certanly cook

cherrs gary

nice catch mate....that doesnt really sound like sharks though- unless you felt additional weight on the line?...sounds more like you got jackets in your trail to me especiallly if they bit you above the trace :wacko:

cherrs every one all pm anwsered and yes we were sharked pritty easy to tell when your pulling in a flatty and the rod buckels and runns then ping

do'nt mention the jackets shhhhhhhhhh i havent seen the jackets for a while and i hope it stays that way

i ve answered about 10 pm regarding the spot and i'm happy to share as i thing that's what this site is all about

cherrs gary