Perseverance In The Rain

Raii

Fished on the 16th at night, and 17th in arvo.

Both days were rainy and seemed gloomy, wind very strong and picking up as the time went on, but we stuck on.

All fish were caught on bait.

16th

post-6576-1234875006_thumb.jpg

post-6576-1234875020.jpg

post-6576-1234875037_thumb.jpg

Smallest being 26cm, and largest 33cm, the eel was caught on a whole servo squid.

The prawn was netted and measured 33cm if the tail was stretched out. Prawn was released

17th

post-6576-1234875075_thumb.jpg

Smallest measuring just legal, whilst the largest, 33cm.

The whitings were taken on cut prawns.

Overall, both days were pretty packed with breams, not much whiting at all, only caught 2 in the past 2 sessions. I tried SPs but had no luck, except for a small tailor

Edited by Raii

Thanks Pete.

thats a nice bag there champion

top prawn

what ya gonna do with the eel? smoke him?

regards

Squid Hunter

Not quite sure atm what im going to do with the eel, mum will come up with an idea, asian style dish ?

Well done Raii! :thumbup: If there were that many fish in one little spot in Lugarno, you can imagine how many have come in to the system this year, and boy or boy wait till the Georges jewfish get serious.

By the way Ray you've gone ahead in leaps and bounds with your landbased fishing at Illawong and Lugarno and worked out when you need to just use bait and wait, but at this stage and after the important talks we've had on Lugarno jewfish, I'm not all that sure if you have as yet mastered the art of turning eels inside out to rejuvinate them before release like you can do with other members of the leach family before cooking or smoking.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Thanks all, eels are a delicacy in asian meals, very healthy.

That prawn/shrimp is one of the biggest ive seen to date over there whilst night fishing.

Byron, until i get snapped off by a bycatch jew, then i will start worrying and maybe upgrading gear to target them haha.

..........Byron, until i get snapped off by a bycatch jew, then i will start worrying and maybe upgrading gear to target them haha.

Ray Haven't you seen the landbased regulars looking all serious and running big big beach gear off the walkway at Lugarno.......Ask old Con how many rods have been pulled off his rod holders on the rocks at Illawong next time you talk to him.......... If you're not careful with the Lugarno jewfish you refer to as by catch, you'll end up watching your favourite bream rod break in half and the rest of it fly thru the water :1yikes: and then have to pay the council big money to replace the railings for the sake of feeding out of area squid to a few eels :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

It hasn't been that long since we last went for a fish has it?

That's an awesome result for a couple days work in the wet =) Keep it up. Seems like you're learning more and more, and the results are just getting better. I bet some of those catches would've been a nice surprise for ya, something different to the usual bream/whiting.

Blackie season soon enough though ;)