Pittwater Kings

adjustedpete

Took my son out fishin in the tinnie this morning It was perfect weather in pittwater and we thought to give flint and steel a bash. I had a heap of old frozen bait in the freezer and thought to get rid of it before the :wife: did it for me. Arrived around 10 and fished the bottom of the tide for a just legal flattie and a flounder.....the son got zilch. Decided to pull the pin at 12 noon, the sons stomach needed refilling. So went back to the salt pan, on the way I convinced him to eat and go back out. So after a BLT and a :beersmile: We headed off out again. We had no idea of where to go as he had work at 5 so I said lets just go over to the western forshore and drift around and take it easy. Got to Towlers bay and lay back not expecting any action at all. When all of a sudden the water is boiling all around the boat. The kingies had turned up!!. As usual we were not prepared for this kind of action ( being kingie virgins). What to do ....what to do !!!. I grab an overhead boat rod that I had bought at an unnamed place and wack on a lure, the one that looks like a fish and has those dangerous tri hooks on it. I try to cast it into the school and promptly get a giant birdsnest. Well that was it. I manage to wind it in and right next to the boat this monster just smashed the lure, bent the rod double and promptly broke my 30 pound line like it was cotton. I quickly cut the birdnest away and put on this little lure that is about 4'' long and got the son to just drive around the school while I trolled the tiddley lure through the school. SMASH...... my god the thing went nuts and started peeling line off like there is no tomorrow, meanwhile Im trying to tighten the drag without get busted off. after about 5 minutes( felt like an hour) I boat this 85cm model. No time for congrats, I take over driving and its the sons go. He does the same and gets his first kingie too. After much back slapping and handshakes,We didnt even bother going after more. We took off for home to brag. A brilliant day by all accounts. We will never forget today.

post-2999-1235107134_thumb.jpg

Took my son out fishin in the tinnie this morning It was perfect weather in pittwater and we thought to give flint and steel a bash. I had a heap of old frozen bait in the freezer and thought to get rid of it before the :wife: did it for me. Arrived around 10 and fished the bottom of the tide for a just legal flattie and a flounder.....the son got zilch. Decided to pull the pin at 12 noon, the sons stomach needed refilling. So went back to the salt pan, on the way I convinced him to eat and go back out. So after a BLT and a :beersmile: We headed off out again. We had no idea of where to go as he had work at 5 so I said lets just go over to the western forshore and drift around and take it easy. Got to Towlers bay and lay back not expecting any action at all. When all of a sudden the water is boiling all around the boat. The kingies had turned up!!. As usual we were not prepared for this kind of action ( being kingie virgins). What to do ....what to do !!!. I grab an overhead boat rod that I had bought at an unnamed place and wack on a lure, the one that looks like a fish and has those dangerous tri hooks on it. I try to cast it into the school and promptly get a giant birdsnest. Well that was it. I manage to wind it in and right next to the boat this monster just smashed the lure, bent the rod double and promptly broke my 30 pound line like it was cotton. I quickly cut the birdnest away and put on this little lure that is about 4'' long and got the son to just drive around the school while I trolled the tiddley lure through the school. SMASH...... my god the thing went nuts and started peeling line off like there is no tomorrow, meanwhile Im trying to tighten the drag without get busted off. after about 5 minutes( felt like an hour) I boat this 85cm model. No time for congrats, I take over driving and its the sons go. He does the same and gets his first kingie too. After much back slapping and handshakes,We didnt even bother going after more. We took off for home to brag. A brilliant day by all accounts. We will never forget today.

mate you doing better than me at the moment, well done and have another :beersmile:

Nice couple of fish to lose your (Kingie :biggrin2: ) Cherry.

When you go after them again, I'm guessing you will!!, take an eggbeater and some 4" poppers and have a go with them. MAKE SURE YOU HANG ON!!!! :thumbup:

Regards,

Mudcrab1

Good one mate. Atleast your sons got a reason to go to work and brag coz you got every right to do so kingies those size are hard to find. Congrats for getting kingie devirginized!!!

Edited by WANNAFISH

Nice couple of fish to lose your (Kingie :biggrin2: ) Cherry.

When you go after them again, I'm guessing you will!!, take an eggbeater and some 4" poppers and have a go with them. MAKE SURE YOU HANG ON!!!! :thumbup:

Regards,

Mudcrab1

your dead right there too I WILL be going after them again...... I am also going to scale down the tackle too. I guess i will have to peruse the forum for a few tips on just how it all works. Just thinkin' about it gets me going