Blues Blacks & Stripes Off Jervis Bay

reelmagic

Hi Guys,

As you would be well aware, the marlin showed up in force in recent weeks off JB. We have spent a few week ends down there and after seeing the double pluggers 'thread' I thought it appropriate to share some additional info etc. Many boats fished with many boats seeing up to 12 fish per day. Most boats hooked up with many tagging fish! The bait had thin down last week end and we teased, skipped and live baited till very late each day. We worked hard all day, with the only reward were 20 or so stripies for bait.

Two weeks ago, the bait was so thick that the fish seemed full and would'nt switch very well. Live bait was the best attack, with two black and one striped falling to the deeper baits including stripies. We came across a bait ball with many marlin smashing into it and a double hooked followed in 30 secs or less. Blues, blacks and stripes, over a few weeks .......... what a way to go! Just lucky I guess!

post-7690-1236077062_thumb.jpg

post-7690-1236077088_thumb.jpg

post-7690-1236077112_thumb.jpg

post-7690-1236077143_thumb.jpg

Luck might have played a part as you say but from what I've heard & seen I'd say there's a fair amount of skill & experience thrown in guys. Well done on getting stuck into them!

:yahoo:

Hi Guys,

As you would be well aware, the marlin showed up in force in recent weeks off JB. We have spent a few week ends down there and after seeing the double pluggers 'thread' I thought it appropriate to share some additional info etc. Many boats fished with many boats seeing up to 12 fish per day. Most boats hooked up with many tagging fish! The bait had thin down last week end and we teased, skipped and live baited till very late each day. We worked hard all day, with the only reward were 20 or so stripies for bait.

Two weeks ago, the bait was so thick that the fish seemed full and would'nt switch very well. Live bait was the best attack, with two black and one striped falling to the deeper baits including stripies. We came across a bait ball with many marlin smashing into it and a double hooked followed in 30 secs or less. Blues, blacks and stripes, over a few weeks .......... what a way to go! Just lucky I guess!

Sounds like some quality fishing has been happening down there!

keep it up.