Avoca Rocks This Morning Friday 13th

Ray R

G'day Raiders, went around the rocks early today hoping for a snapper or 2, well they were there but they were all around the 30-35cm mark which is a bit small to keep, I caught 8 in total as well as 2 flatties and they also were just a tad to small for me to keep, I was using some nice salted bonito strips and a few squid baits, which I had caught from the rocks.

So although I didn't manage a 40cm or bigger snapper I did have some fun with the little fellas.

I took a couple of early morning shots , the centre of one of the pics looks like lava , it was a brillant sunrise today..

Cheers guys

post-3371-1236900152_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1236900186_thumb.jpg

Check out the colours in that sunrise! Magnificant shots Ray! :thumbup:

Even small snapper put up a great fight don't they? I bet you had a good time despite the lack of any keepers. Fishing is a whole lot more than just catching fish. What an excellent setting to wet a line.

Cheers

Peter

great catch :thumbup: shame about the size , great photos sounds like a wicked morning , Nothing beats been on the rocks in the morning .

Just wondering has Avoca been firing been a while since i ve been there . Are the pelagics there at the moment . CAUGHT SOME NICE FISH THERE .

cheers

nick

Magic morning, Ray - makes it worth while getting up to check it out, eh? Bad luck the bigger snaps didn't come out to play, but you had some fun with the smaller ones & they'll be bigger & ready to be caught again soon, I reckon!

Have you seen any frigate mackerel zooming around yet? I haven't seen any here yet. The SWR locals swear by them as salted bait.

Roberta

Have you seen any frigate mackerel zooming around yet?

Hi Roberta, there was some frigates around Terrigal Haven a few weeks ago. I went down for a try one afternoon but didnt see any, although one fisherman was leaving with a couple when I got there. There were quite a few fishing but didnt ses any takes or caught. One of the local ladies did say one block got 20 earlier. Havnt got back yet.

LOL, I just realised the post below was a 2008 post after I put it up. Did a quick search and didnt see the date.

Kingy Kid got some earlier around Pittwater,

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...&hl=frigate

Hope you get amonst them.

Cheers

Edited by copafisher