Can Ya Come Up With A Solution To This?

Wantingaboat

Hi All,

I posted not long ago but realised that it may be beneficial for me to show a few pictures of my problem. i bought a second hand sounder off a bloke but need a bracket to attach the transducer to the transom. There is a mounting bracket on the transom but i cant figure out how i can attach transducer. Here are some piuctures.... Dont wander off after the pictures there is a problem to be solved.

post-9512-1237363116_thumb.jpg

post-9512-1237363107_thumb.jpg

post-9512-1237363019_thumb.jpg

post-9512-1237362852_thumb.jpg

post-9512-1237363126_thumb.jpg

Ok if you have any advice on how to attach the transducer to that mounting bracket on the transom that would be great. Also do you have any advice on whether or not the transducer will rip off should i want to beach it at some stage? There could be a cold case of the golden nectar if anyone can help.

Cheers.

Mike

Hi Wantingaboat,

Looks to me like you are missing the 2nd part of the mounting bracket. Contact the manufacturer to see if you can get the part or better yet a diagram of the whole transducer so you can see how its mounted. A few transducers have brackets that pop up if you hit something thereby saving it from being damaged.

If I was desperate to mount the transducer I would get a piece of flat bar and bend each end to 90 degrees so that the arms fit on the inside of the transducer flange. Drill holes in the flat bar where the transducer mounting holes are and mount the transducer to it. Attach the flat bar to the mounting plate on the boat.

Evets

Mike,

Not a professional but it looks to me that there is something missing. You could either

1. find a factory mount for that modle transducer

or

2. Make up a bracket but i doubt that what ever you make will be as snug and easily adjustable as the factory item.

My $0.02c

Find yourself a sheetmetal worker or an alluminum fabricator and they should be able to bend up a suitable bracket drill a couple of holes and you should be in buisness. Then all you need is a couple of plastic wedges and your done :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

If you cant be bothered making or tracking down the missing bracket.... the two big boating warehouse stores sell transom brackets for sounders, some of which have height adjustments on them should you need to beach your boat.

Cheers,

Ken