Pb King Landbased

mr kingy

Last saturday decided to hit our spot.

Weather condition again couldnt have been better .Arrived at 6 am beautiful sunrise , started spinning with not much success for the first 2 hours, nothing but a couple of follows .

Dan was the first to hook on to a nice 86 cm 5.8 kilo kingy

It was quickly brought to our feet on 30 kilo braid , after numerous attempts to gaff the fish he was washed up onto the rocks . nice fish

Obviously seen dan hook up , the spinning was quickly recommenced , when suddenly good number of kings come on the follow.

While having a chat on the rocks while spinning , Dans bait was crunched by a solid king snapping the gamakatsu hook in half , no hook up , but a bloody good sign of some solid fish hanging around .

It was only ten or so minutes later when i was smashed by a solid fish , quickly the reel started screaming with some punishing runs even it with the drag set tight as it could go .After a ten minute fight which included some very tense moments , fish was gaffed .

Fish was 98cm 8.2 kilos my p.b

We decided to pack it in not long after to get the fish on ice . Top sashimi .

Another awesome day on the rocks .

post-10170-1237790622_thumb.jpg

post-10170-1237790653_thumb.jpg

Edited by mr kingy

top catch there :)

what sort of hook size was it that got split in half lol

thats crazy

gamakatzu size 8 split right at the bend , amazing , fish must have been huge . i think he bit down on the hook actually saw the tail smashing the surface