94cm Flattie

mr magoo

just thought id share my young fellas flathead with you guys

on sunday my brother,rob(dlastdon )my son (junior magoo)and myself fished in my brothers centre console in the bay ,it was a very tough day with the fish being hard to come by ,we flicked our plastics at most of the usual haunts for just a couple of keepers and a hoard of undersized fish,reece hooks up,he plays it expertly it goes around the motor ,back and forth which is quite hard for him to do cause of his height,but he kept the rod of the boat and after about 5minutes with very impressive rod work this monster appears

we net it take a few pics and release it to do its thing

post-5893-1238482590_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1238482620_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1238482645_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1238482687_thumb.jpg

there she goes

post-5893-1238482716_thumb.jpg

and after we released it we managed to get a braid tengled up in the prop ,so i had to strip off and go for a swim,then reece says now can you get dressed ,nice,lol

cheers arman

Edited by mr magoo

That is one terrific looking flattie mate. Bet Reece was as pleased as punch. Its amazing someone his size managed to get it in.

Terrific shots and great release. Pity about the swimming though.

Keep it up. You probably have a fishing buddy for life now, and he will be bugging you all the time to go out again so he can catch another big fish.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

cheers arman

That's an awesome flathead Arman.......Looking at the pic, I can see the young bloke becoming a dentist later on :thumbup: and you know what he'll say Arman...... He'll say, Dad it's fine that your teeth are still quite ok and doing a good job on your tee bones but unfortunately Dad your gums have got to come out :D

Tell Reece that littlejewgaffer sends him a big thumbs up!

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

That's an awesome flathead Arman.......Looking at the pic, I can see the young bloke becoming a dentist later on :thumbup: and you know what he'll say Arman...... He'll say, Dad it's fine that your teeth are still doing a good job on tee bones but unfortunately Dad.... your gums have got to come out :1yikes::D

Tell Reece that littlejewgaffer sends him a big thumbs up!

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That is an awesome fish for the little bloke!! It's as big as him!! Congrats and what a way to spend the day hey.

I agree Jewgaffer - that pic is an awesome shot!!

Andy

G'day Mr Magoo, nice flattie, the young fella would have been over the moon, good for him to get a first hand lesson about relaeasing fish, the pics are excellent too..

Oh Magoo youv'e done it again ! ! ! :icon_peace:

Hey Arman,

Brian and Lyn from BBSFC out of the boat WETPATCH here,

top catch and release for the young fella. Hope you are proud of his effort,

or did he show dad just how to play and land a great fish??!!! :thumbup:

on sunday my brother,rob(dlastdon )my son (junior magoo)and myself fished in my brothers centre console in the bay ,it was a very tough day with the fish being hard to come by ,we flicked our plastics at most of the usual haunts for just a couple of keepers and a hoard of undersized fish,i hook up and pass it over to my boy who has had a quite day with just undersized reds and a flounder for his trouble,he plays it expertly it goes around the motor ,back and forth which is quite hard for him to do cause of his height,but he kept the rod of the boat and after about 5minutes with very impressive rod work this monster appears

we net it take a few pics and release it to do its thing

post-5893-1238482590_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1238482620_thumb.jpg

post-5893-1238482687_thumb.jpg

there she goes

post-5893-1238482716_thumb.jpg

and after we released it we managed to get a braid tengled up in the prop ,so i had to strip off and go for a swim,then reece says now can you get dreesed ,nice,lol

cheers arman

Hey Arman,

Brian and Lyn from BBSFC out of the boat WETPATCH here,

top catch and release for the young fella. Hope you are proud of his effort,

or did he show dad just how to play and land a great fish??!!! :thumbup:

hey brian ,whats doin mate ,lyn cam in to my work a couple of months back

yes he showed me how it should be done,and then topped it off with a sledge

cheers arman

Hi Arman, top catch and release to junior magoo wont be long before junior magoo will be hawling in the big ones in the open blue water.

Cheers Mike

thanks everyone for the kind words ,including you mike,i have been practicing with him using overheads and im confident he can use them well enough but its just too much drag for him ,dont really want him struggling on a fish for 30minutes or more,another couple of years and we will have out there i reckon,although i might take him out for some dollies on plastics

cheers arman

:1yikes: How old is he??? and he's already getting fish like this!!! :1yikes:

nearly 5

cheers arman

Mate it won't be long before he's hooking them and passing the rod to YOU !

Well done - great team effort, top fish and photos for the young bloke to remember a special fish...

Blow the photo up, sign it, date it, frame it and put it on his wall....

He'll be telling his grandkids about it bcos flatties like that are rare, and the first one carries a special magic, especially for young kids.....