George's River

mattbowen

Hello everyone

I am new to this site and fishing. I am 15 and have gone fishing twice before. I learnt at warners Bay and caught 3 fish, and then Bundeena where i caught a little Whiting.

I am now looking to fish around my area and think Georges river is the closest. I'm not to sure where to fish on George's river. I dnt have a boat.

Also, does anyone know anywhere to fish close to Greystanes? (near Merrylands).

Thankyou

Edited by mattbowen

I doubt there is anything close to Merrylands to fish for.

But if you want to try the Georges River, a few positions (land base) you can try is Tom Ugly's Bridge (if you're heading from Oatley over to Sylvainia), before you cross the bridge go off to the left, there is a car park and plenty of fishing room.

Otherwise try just before Captain Cooks Bridge over at Ramsgate, there is a small jetty there.

Good Luck!

mate fish near milperra bridge or head down to kelso park near east hills.... just drive straight down woodville road and onto henry lawson drive it will take you right to the river... 15-20 minutes max...

Hi Matt

If your'e using public transport another option would be to catch the train to Como station, walk back across the old railway bridge (now pedestrian bridge) and fish of the rocks under the bridge. You have deep water in close on the north side of the Georges River and might even come up with an elusive jewfish. I can't catch them you might.

Just watch the descent down from the bridge it's fairly steep.

Bruce

Heading to Georges River tomorrow :1prop:

Will go up and dow the river to find a nice place to fish and have family lunch on Easter on Sunday. I will be there tomorrow and probably SUnday if it doesnt rain.

Just wanna know what i should use to fish a i dont have any bait. I have soft plastics and minnow rattlers. Can i use these as i am going to use one or both.?

Thankyou

Georges River seems bigger and the fish are edible. Might try Parra river late on in the holidays at Parramatta Park.

Also, really need to know whether to use minnow rattlers or solft plastics tomorrow

try both.i also believe port hacking is always overlooked.during the week it fishes good

Hi

Just got back from fishing. Looked at different places along the river and decided to fsh at Picnic Point.

Bought prawns from the sevice statin and cast out.

Got snagged to so many times that it was funny. Lost 4 of my hooks and got caught on sommeone elses snagged hook and sinker (at least i got to keep them).

I then had a good run and had many bite, one being a massive one but none got on my hhok. NO CATCHES

I still had a great morning fishing :1prop::1fishing1:

Thanks maye. Will ry the bridge.

Going to try a different spot SUnday with the family if it doesnt rain. Hope to get something then

Good luck on Sunday. Wasn't Picnic Point a pain to fish with all those boats running up and down? Well at least you had fun.

Thanks everyone for the advice

Dont worry bout it, Cowboys will win. We are at full stregth (except Willie Tonga still out) and were at Dairy Farmers.

I think im going near Beatty Park tomorrow for lunch with the family and FISHING!

Going tomorrow to Garrison Point to fish. I was just wonding how can i catch live bait if im only on land? I know it is alot better to fish with but if i cant get any, i have frozen prawns in my freezer :1prop:

Im just hoping to catch anything