Super Tuesday-- On Like Donkey Kong Mission 3!

heavy

Raiders...

Once again Super Tuesday was on...

Set out at 7pm towards Como Bridge.. On board was Ali, Snapper John, Jewiecharra and Mark... Tide was turning at around 7.30ish and all the right bait was on board, fresh squid, Yakkas and Cod.

Once all was set the lines hit the water and it was "ON LIKE DONKEY KONG" with in the first 15 min of the tide turning, Ali was on,,, ZZZZZZZZ,,,,,, a good size 70 cm jewie was landed,, Hi 5's all round.....

Just after 8.30ish we had a double hook up... SnapperJohn and i were also on...ZZZZZZZZZZ.... both landed.... :thumbup::thumbup:

During the next 1hur,, we all were busted off.... we were so close in landing a over 10kg jewie. The last dive went straight under the boat and around the motor.. :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: NO Hi 5's.. the look on our faces.... SHAME....

By 9.30ish we had the 3jewies and a good size bream... all caught and hooked on either the squid or Cod...

Stay tunned for the Next Super Tuesday... :thumbup::thumbup: .

post-6083-1239149830_thumb.jpg

post-6083-1239150384_thumb.jpg

post-6083-1239150397_thumb.jpg

Well done again guys.

You're a Jewie Freak. That's an amazing session again and would of been great fun.

I truely am envious!

Did you catch the squid on the night or was this fresh/frozen squid that you used?

That spot of yours is the real deal.

Congrats again.

Well done again guys.

You're a Jewie Freak. That's an amazing session again and would of been great fun.

I truely am envious!

Did you catch the squid on the night or was this fresh/frozen squid that you used?

That spot of yours is the real deal.

Congrats again.

Nahh.. just frozen.....

Great work guys - really killing it on the jewies.

But what is the 'cod' that you're using for bait? I thought I knew all the local jewie baits but haven't got a clue what you're talking about!!

Clearly I need further schooling . . . .

Great work guys - really killing it on the jewies.

But what is the 'cod' that you're using for bait? I thought I knew all the local jewie baits but haven't got a clue what you're talking about!!

Clearly I need further schooling . . . .

Hi Mate,

its a a family member of the Squid... thats what ive been told...

Those are great fish and make us very envious and keen to fish again.

We fished Como Bridge Monday night 5.30 to 8.00 pm for one throwback jewie, and no other runs.

Used squid caught in Port Hacking last weekend,tailor fillets and large green king prawns for bait.

That was our sixth jewie trip this year (between Port Hacking and Georges River) and the only one that produced a jewie even if to small.

Other trips have only produced flathead bream and tailor.

Without giving away spot X can you say whether you fished east or west of the bridges or in between

the two bridges.

keep hooking em

Bruce

Those are great fish and make us very envious and keen to fish again.

We fished Como Bridge Monday night 5.30 to 8.00 pm for one throwback jewie, and no other runs.

Used squid caught in Port Hacking last weekend,tailor fillets and large green king prawns for bait.

That was our sixth jewie trip this year (between Port Hacking and Georges River) and the only one that produced a jewie even if to small.

Other trips have only produced flathead bream and tailor.

Without giving away spot X can you say whether you fished east or west of the bridges or in between

the two bridges.

keep hooking em

Bruce

good job mate yous definately have the jewies down packed i must get out and give it a go near como bridge

Dear Raiders..

With out giving out my spot, if you fish on the turn of the tide with fresh bait, you will get the jewie,,,

I do fish between como bridge and Coronation Bay.. thats all i can say...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dear Raiders..

With out giving out my spot, if you fish on the turn of the tide with fresh bait, you will get the jewie,,,

I do fish between como bridge and Coronation Bay.. thats all i can say...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

JFK,

i think its important to point out that the location is not that important when we are catching jew, the georges has plenty of jewies in all sizes all along the river. in my opinion bait and tides are the most important factor, once you have them figured out you will catch jew. if you have a sounder on your boat the deeper the water the better too. it isnt rocket science but does require some effort to understand the movement of jewfish.

hope this helps

JFK,

i think its important to point out that the location is not that important when we are catching jew, the georges has plenty of jewies in all sizes all along the river. in my opinion bait and tides are the most important factor, once you have them figured out you will catch jew. if you have a sounder on your boat the deeper the water the better too. it isnt rocket science but does require some effort to understand the movement of jewfish.

hope this helps

one more thing, when fishing for jewies no-one has a 100% strike rate ie: catching a jewie everytime you head out, persistence is key. if you have a strike rate of even 30% (catching a jew every 3rd trip) you are doing well in my opinion.

JFK,

one more thing, when fishing for jewies no-one has a 100% strike rate ie: catching a jewie everytime you head out, persistence is key. if you have a strike rate of even 30% (catching a jew every 3rd trip) you are doing well in my opinion.

Hi Ali....... For jew fishermen, the percentage of actual hook ups is of the utmost importance and can be improved upon to take the bad luck factor out of a low strike rate, given that jewfish have repetitive habits and more often than not, hunt in schools which are most active within repetitive localities and time frames, knowledge of which gives one jew fisherman an advantage over the other...... However when the schools are not there, its a more level playing field - I.E. one fisherman might get lucky and get one or two solitaries provided that he has a decent rig to properly secure the bait and uses the proper method to ensure the hook up and just as importantly uses the right gear to allow him to land the fish....

Jew fishermen should work on ways to improve their hook up rate by considering such things as line strength for the species and particularly in regards to their rigs, the style of hook they use, it's suitability and especially it's sharpness and the security and the position of their hooks on the bait they use.... All this is of the utmost importance in order to increase the catch rates, so that their actual hook up rate is close to 100% of the takes they know about and of the takes they don't know about..........

Well done once more for the good results you and Jfk and company have been getting in the upper Georges lately..... :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: