Fiji Gamefishing Trip

snag

Well im due to return back to sydney tommorrow but rather than waiting to get home to put this post up

I took everyones info before leaving and went on a gamefishing trip on saturday and was glad i did.

Day started of quiet as we trawlled all the way out to the spot the captain said would pick up a few dolphin fish. :1fishing1:

Well the reel started screaming not a min after we hit the spot and off went about 700m of line on the tiagra50w i then was given a harnes to wear while i was on the chair and was given the bent butt rod and told to start reeling in the fish.....yer eazier said than done...30min...40min...1hr....1hr15mins later and we could see some colour and then the gaffs went in and 2 guys brought aboard my first ever yellowfin tuna. A 51.3kg on the scales yellowfin i caught your sorry ass tuna. :thumbup::yahoo:

To say i was over the moon is an understatement i was wraped, and oh yes stuffed.

We also caught a few Mahi Mahi but nothing beat that tuna.

We had a great feed put on by the hotel and also gave some to the local village and also to the captian and crew.

Pics to go up in the next few days.

Edited by snag

Nice catch there mate can't wait to see your pictures!

My trip to Fiji is on the 13th of May. I havn't done my research yet so can you reveal some tips for fishing Charters in Fiji. I think that the Tuna are on at this time of the year - am I correct? Thanks Brett

Nice catch there mate can't wait to see your pictures!

My trip to Fiji is on the 13th of May. I havn't done my research yet so can you reveal some tips for fishing Charters in Fiji. I think that the Tuna are on at this time of the year - am I correct? Thanks Brett

Mate the trip is run by the Shangri-la Hotel all i had to do was walk from my room 100m to the ramp and onto the boat.

Cost was the only killer at 1100 fiji dollars for 4hrs fishing.But well worth it if you catch the fish of a lifetime then its money well spent.

Mate the trip is run by the Shangri-la Hotel all i had to do was walk from my room 100m to the ramp and onto the boat.

Cost was the only killer at 1100 fiji dollars for 4hrs fishing.But well worth it if you catch the fish of a lifetime then its money well spent.

Wicked thankx mate.

I'm presuming that the Shanrgi La Hotel will run the trip for people like me who will be staying in most un Shanrgi La style accomodation. Will look into it.

I am exepecting to have to fork out a few dollars for the trip so this is no surprise.

Can't wait for the pics. Brett

To say i was over the moon is an understatement i was raped, and oh yes stuffed.

The hole in the bottom of the tuna, is that where you raped it? :074:

Did it say "That's not it?"

Well done mate, that must be your biggest fish to date period!

Greg

post-156-1239682538_thumb.jpg

The hole in the bottom of the tuna, is that where you raped it? :074:

Did it say "That's not it?"

Well done mate, that must be your biggest fish to date period!

Greg

Smart ass GREG...lol

By the way nice marlin greg, you looked as if you had been raped and dieing on the floor of your boat...lol

And yes thats the biggest fish ive ever got, and im over the moon.

Try and post some more pics later.

Edited by snag

so how are the boys on fleet lady

:1fishing1:

I gather the question is for me, sorry but i didnt know the boats name ,Captain Nathan , david and the other guy who's name i can not remember are good, have you fished off the same boat?

I gather the question is for me, sorry but i didnt know the boats name ,Captain Nathan , david and the other guy who's name i can not remember are good, have you fished off the same boat?

Could the name of the boat be Black Watch by chance. I know nothing about boats and where names are kept etc. But over your shoulder when your holding the Tuna it is on the boat.

Could the name of the boat be Black Watch by chance. I know nothing about boats and where names are kept etc. But over your shoulder when your holding the Tuna it is on the boat.

Thought the same thing but could be the boat brand name...no expert sorry.

Think i prefer BLACK WATCH :thumbup:

Nice fish Jorg,

well done ... i think just quielty they might go a lil harder than the bream you are used to lol ...

Mate just alittle....lol

It's always good to try something different and i can say i had a ball, the good thing about breamin is you dont need to travel so far away and your nearly always garrenteed a fish, unlike deep sea fishing. :1prop:

Mate just alittle....lol

It's always good to try something different and i can say i had a ball, the good thing about breamin is you dont need to travel so far away and your nearly always garrenteed a fish, unlike deep sea fishing. :1prop:

Haha yeah i get what your saying..

I still need to get out with you and learn some of the top secret Bream techniques you have been hiding lol

Again great fish, I'll catch ya soon

I've determined that fishing in Fiji is super expensive. Never have I seen places with such high prices... the average price of a 6hr charter is $600. Can anybody prove me wrong? I'm goint to be spending time on the outter eastern Islands and perhaps down south of the mainland mostly.

Thanks, Brett

Never have I seen places with such high prices... the average price of a 6hr charter is $600. Can anybody prove me wrong?

Thanks, Brett

Go check out Cairns pricing for a game boat then!

Did a sole charter on one of my last work conferences and it cost me $2750 for the day on a 36ft boat!

Greg

yeah nathen came to my deckhand school that i held in fiji

Cool, Nathan is a nice bloke and the deckies did a great job, sorry i wasnt at the island you where at otherwise id have gone out with you guys.