Easter On Broadbill And Billfisher

Ross Hunter

post-2782-1239835832_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239835423_thumb.jpg

Raiders,

Sorry about the late report I have been waiting for the last photos from our anglers.

What a wild weekend of big blues and healthy stripes as well as a smattering of yellowfin and big mahis

For a full report on Easter and the last week of Pt Stephens visit this link www.gamefishingcharters.com.au

It was Captain Glenn Hunter on BILLFISHER who, whilst fishing next to me hooked up a giant blue marlin, the big fish screamed off at an alarming rate as angler and 40th birthday boy David Hilne just hung on, as line poured off the big Shimano.

One and a half hours later a 240 kg blue marlin was traced and then released back to nature, as all marlin are on our boats.

On BROADBILL we found a tree floating down the currents which was loaded up with mahi mahi so we caught a swag on the light gear and the crew took them home for the table.

On Sunday we caught two striped marlin both around 90kg One for first time angler and local Peter Hession and the other for first timer “Fishraider” Steve Mc Cabe both anglers released their marlin. We also dropped a sizable blue marlin earlier in the day.

Then on Monday we caught a heap on striped tuna and two yellowfin to 40 kg

All these fish were trolled on lures

Other boats scored tuna to 70kg on the wide grounds…The tuna frenzy has begun

PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT FORTNIGHT

We will see some really exciting yellowfin fishing as well as blue and striped marlin on the wide grounds.

BOOK NOW FOR SOME WILD TUNA ACTION

The word is out that the tuna are running and last season we caught some horses in May, June and thru to September. Scroll back to this time last season for some great reports and proven results.

Glenn and myself on our boats BROADBILL and BILLFISHER have been successfully catching tuna all our lives and you cannot be on more experienced boats that constantly produce fish.

COSTS $1550.00 FOR SIX ANGLERS OR $260.00 / HEAD

post-2782-1239834670_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834771_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834806_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834843_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834873_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834906_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834941_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834959_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239834987_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239835177_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1239835208_thumb.jpg

it was an awesome day out sunday thanx again Ross..

your a champion and your skills with the boat made me realise the dream of a marlin...

heres some vids i just finished...

and one i did with some music....

im trying to extract some better quality stills from vid but may take a little longer...

cheers...steve....

it was an awesome day out sunday thanx again Ross..

your a champion and your skills with the boat made me realise the dream of a marlin...

heres some vids i just finished...

and one i did with some music....

im trying to extract some better quality stills from vid but may take a little longer...

cheers...steve....

Steve,

Great stuff mate..Love the music version Well done on your fish you did a great job

Ross

Well done Ross and Glen.

We took a picture of Glen as he was hooked up. We hooked our monster only about a mile after we passed them so it was definietly a productive area....

Hey Ross, can you pass over those GPS marks to that floating tree??? :1prop::1prop::074:

Cheers Boys

Anthony

post-2264-1239838843_thumb.jpg

Well done lads It was agreat weekend Nice pic of Billfisher

Roscoe

post-2782-1239834906_thumb.jpg

Wild Stuff - I wish you were operating here!

Fabulous photos again.

Is it only me, or is that a f*cking giant turtle under the Billfish shot above? :wacko:

Must be the best darn charter operator in town.

Excellent results for your anglers who fork out their hard earned dollars.

Cheers

Mariner

well done cogga and glenn on some nice fish :thumbup: and to come home to fishing like that well done guys

schnepy

Schnepy,

Thanks mate As along suffering deckhand on our boats you know what it's like somedays diamonds.....somedays stones Thanks for your kind words

Ross

Good luck for Sunday Rosco,

I've been off work for 5 weeks with a crook knee and just got back to work.

Looking forward for a massive yellow fin with you soon.

Hope you hook up for Johnny Boo Tommorrow, since I can,t be there, I'd love a yellow fin feed.

Regards The Human Winch (Anthony Chaffey.)