Noooooooooo!

Hodgey

Hit the water early this morning to suss out options for the Pirtek Challenge tomorrow.

Shame it wasn't today, as I reckon Dene may have given the prize (provided the target species was flatties of course :biggrin2: ) a real shake. Caught on 10lb fluro leader and 3" Minnow in Lime Tiger. Check out the width of this fat fish :yahoo:

post-3198-1240026414_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1240026444_thumb.jpg

Released after the photo so I can catch it tomorrow! Best of luck Raiders, and congrats on a crackin' fish Deno!

Hodgey

Awesome fish Dene :1yikes:

Hodgey, is that you I can see on Google Earth tethering a big flathead to an oyster lease?? :074:

Tight lines for tomorrow mate. I've now swapped the boat trailer for a box trailer because of the weather. I'm sure you'll be thinking of me as I load it up all day in the garden and do trips to the tip!! :1badmood:

Cheers, Slinky

Hit the water early this morning to suss out options for the Pirtek Challenge tomorrow.

Shame it wasn't today, as I reckon Dene may have given the prize (provided the target species was flatties of course :biggrin2: ) a real shake. Caught on 10lb fluro leader and 3" Minnow in Lime Tiger. Check out the width of this fat fish :yahoo:

post-3198-1240026414_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1240026444_thumb.jpg

Released after the photo so I can catch it tomorrow! Best of luck Raiders, and congrats on a crackin' fish Deno!

Hodgey

Thats a monster lizard mate top stuff and goodluck! :tease:

Bummer!! You haven't caught my disease have you??? The 'before & after' syndrome???

HOPE NOT!!

Good luck for tomorrow Dene & Ian - I reckon you'll have them pegged!!

I lost my Forster SX40 to a big lizard today at Port Macquarie! :(

Cheerio

Roberta

Nice catch hodgey but shame that you caught it a day too early, especially since flatties are one of the target species for the challenge tomorrow :wacko:

At least you can count that one as practice for an even bigger specimen on the day of the challenge, good luck!

Thanks for your feedback folks. It was a great fish and well worth sharing. :yahoo: It was also the ONLY fish of the day!

Well what an horrendous day. "Light to moderate winds" is apparently Meteorology speak for "blowing it's a$$ off, and "chance of isolated showers" really means "torrential stinging rain sporadically occurring" :074: Couldn't find the big girl from yesterday, although we did see some nice trophy fish in the shallows. Three fish for the day, and none of them over 55cm, so no photo submissions for us this year. :( That aside, had a bloody entertaining couple of days on the water, and looking forward to next year's comp. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey