Hi Tide Gone?

bullfrog

Mate Ive read the same thing,

IF this is true, what a joke to a great australian icon.

Once again we have lost our voice and representation when it comes to fishing rights.

Another win for the bloody greenies.

Shame shame shame to the people who made this decision.

Twin 1.

this is soooooo bloody wrong.....

19yrs these guys have put alot in and have a good following and to not even get a farewell show to thank all involved...

well the companies involved have lost my support and when other options are available i will take them....

shame on you Tabcorp/2ky......

not a cheery steve...

ps:it will be interesting to see if i get a reply from the feedback message i left for the powers that be..

got a reply from stabcorp - you know that mob that stab ya in the back after yrs of service.. :ranting2:

just got to love the professionalism of this lot...

fancy replying to a complaint with everyone else seeing who you are in mass mailout...

someone needs to teach sue the proper way to conduct business... :1prop::tease::wacko:

check out what she sent to me along with all on a mass reply..

..............................................................................................................................................

sent:Fri 24/04/2009 1:40 PM

to:xxxx@optusnet.com.au; xxxx@tpg.com.au;xxxx@bigpoond.com; xxxx@optusnet.com.au; xxxxx@bigpond.com.au; etc.....etc.........

Dear All

“Thank you for your email.

Hi-Tide has been cancelled due to several years of poor revenue performance”

Regards,

2KY Management

..............................................................................................................................................

maybe i should of been thankfull to be worthy of a click of the mouse to add me to senders... :thumbdown: ..

all podcasts are now gone and only trace of the boys is on the program page..

funily enough read their description...

Hi-Tide is Australia's premier Fishing and Boating radio program. Hosts Bruce Schumacher and Kieren Reekie inform the fishing enthusiast of vital weather conditions as well as fishing "hotspots" from Port Stephens to Jervis Bay and inland. The program incorporates all aspects of the sizeable fishing and boating industry including equipment, vehicles, trailers and tourism.

"premier show" well not as far as the bean counters are concerned

"vital weather conditions" not vital enough maybe....... hope none of the wallies that decided to axe the show ever end up in trouble on the water due to not getting last minute updates as i used to and im sure alot of others did....

Very sad that we have lost a vital link with the fisho community .They should at least have had a farewell show for the years of faithful service ,even though the show was only a shadow of its former self, due in some part (un-intentionally) to the popularity of web sites like this, with instant access to updated info.

HOWEVER, this is a great opportunity for another station to pick up the show, even if it is just a community station. It would be worth listening to a real fishing show. Imagine a radio version of FISHRAIDER?....hint..hint.

No great lose I reckon.

The show was a series of ads paid and unpaid.

If we as a community of like minded people think that a fishing show at 5am on the horsie channel was our great voice we are in serious trouble...

:D

Its sad Robbie but true.

Its a shame was good for weather up dates tackle sales and politics on fishing.

Maybe they didnt like them protesting about the marine parks? Hasnt the tabcorp got a relationship with the government and they didnt like the presenters defending the poor fishos. :mad3::1fishing1:

Maybe some other station will pick the show up.

cheers

Mark

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your email.

2KY has always encouraged listener feedback on programming issues.

In respect to the cessation of Hi Tide, a decision to cancel this programme was made due to several years of poor revenue performance.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Kevin Engeler

2KY Broadcast Coordinator

so they needed more rather than less ads...

• 2 weeks later...