Rough Water Drummer

luderick59

after catching a lot of blackies the past week went after drummer at long reef using bread and cungi after 3hrs fishing only fish caught were 3 black trevally and my mate landed 1drummerabout a kilo and a half

just as we were about to pack up my mate sugested using a cooked prawn so put it on for my last cast of the day and bang im on :yahoo: after a short fight had him on a rock ledge 8 ft below me and could see my hook just hanging on to a bit of lip :1yikes: waited for a waveand washed him up the next ledge which was 4ft away so with heart in moutdropped my rod grabbed and handlined him up the last 4ft without the line breaking

2 nice fish for the day

peter :1welcomeani:

post-4997-1240539927_thumb.jpg

Some nice fish there Peter :thumbup: ....I'll bet you gave that half a metre long drummer a nice old nursing on light gear like that before you handlined it up onto the rocks :1yikes:

Notice you haven't had the jew rods out much at all these days, Pete.. have there been many jewfish caught on the beaches up your way lately that you know of?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Some nice fish there Peter :thumbup: ....I'll bet you gave that half a metre long drummer a nice old nursing on light gear like that before you handlined it up onto the rocks :1yikes:

Notice you haven't had the jew rods out much at all these days, Pete.. have there been many jewfish caught on the beaches up your way lately that you know of?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

hi byron

i think over the next 3or4 nights with the big tides and the mullet running out of the esturies we should hear of a few caught

i have not heard of any being caught because its allways kept quite about good fish being caught on the northern beaches

get well

peter :1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Hi Peter,

That's a nice drummer, must be a couple of kilos there. How good has the black fishing been hey?

I 've also caught my fair share over the past couple of weeks. Have you been getting them in the lake or off the stones? Can't wait to get back down to the lake should be firing up now. Hope to see you down there soon.

Cheers

Luke.