1st And 2nd Jewie Ever

Hey guys,

My name is Brett, Kingslayers fishing buddy. Promised I would not post till I caught a jewie which has been over a year now since I first started trying.

Woke up at 2 this morning and hit the beach for the 4am high. Got down there and it was blowing a 20 knot nor easter and raining. Contemplated going straight back home but I was wide awake and I wanted a jew. My first cast ended up 50m down the beach so I tied on a grapnel sinker and a big squid head and launched it into the gutter. It was in the water for no more than 2 minutes before i was hit. Washed him up to see my first ever jewie. He was about 60cm . As promised I released my first jew out of respect . No photos of him as the Pacific ocean is the proud owner of my new digital camera , half my tackle and kingslayers rod after a session on the rocks.

By 4.30 the weather was getting pretty foul and I was about to call it a morn when I was hit again. Washed him up and it was jewie no.2 .This one was 58 cm .Took him to my sisters place to get a pic and to slap my nephew with him for mocking me each time I came home without a jew.

Both were caught right on the turn of high on squid left over from sundays mission on the harbour. One of the few that didnt get destroyed by leather jacket.

post-9335-1242780100_thumb.jpg

post-9335-1242779896_thumb.jpg

Congrats on your 1st & 2nd jewie Brett! :thumbup:

Nice reward for effort for getting up early in the ugly weather.

It's a bit strange that there are still schoolies off the sand atm. Usually at this time of year you get a better class of fish.

A big one is just around the corner for you mate.

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider as well.

Cheers,

Grant.

:1welcomeani: Hi Brett / the calamari kid aka Dave/King Slayers mate ..nice work going out so early and getting a couple of jew off the beach...good timing in the weather change mate and it proves once again that squid bait is an attractive take for jewfish and is a must to have in the bait mix....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

As I said to you already, well done my friend.

and folks, this man has put a lot of time effort and thought into this capture, it is more than well deserved.

Good to see you finally posting too!

Wish I was there for the jumping and the man hugging and the woohoo's. :yahoo:

Lets go get some more..........

Dave

Congrats mate well done. I like the fact you released your first one too. I plan on doing that one day when I get my 1st. Wish more people would catch and release, might make our lives a bit easier.

Nath

congrats on your first jew ther be more jewfish to come . i been trying for beach jew for a long time i havent caught one yet on the beach .any wy which beach u caught the jew? thanks bangus :1fishing1: